Software Engineer I
Close Date 2/9/24
Established in 2000, Conservice is the nation's foremost utility management company, serving housing communities, commercial buildings, and other property management firms. Our Utility Experts manage our services to help our clients conserve natural resources and save money.
- Create new features using our development technologies that will drive greater efficiency and outcomes for real estate owners and managers.
- Create engineering designs that solve complex problems.
- Fix occasional bugs in our platform.
- Debate the optimal design and ideal user experience for a variety of unrealized features identified alongside our Product Owners. Or propose some ideas of your own!
- Find the best way to test your work to ensure that, not only does it work as advertised, but will continue to work and perform at mass scale when thousands upon thousands of people are using it at the same time.
- Lead discussions with your team about what emerging tools, technologies, and processes are coming that may impact how we improve our products and our platform in the future.
- Provide your well-considered opinions to the creation and modification of our technology roadmaps.
- Be involved in company wide initiatives and help to achieve them.
- Set high standards for the team in terms of performance, quality and engineering practices (code reviews, pair programming, ect.)
- Find the ways to continuously improve our platform.
- Help and train other engineers.
- Respect and do your work with our core company values.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent science preferred, but combined experience and skills will be considered
- Object-oriented development experience is required
- 3 years of experience developing Windows solutions using Microsoft technologies is required
- 3 years of experience with .NET development – C# is required
- REST services experience preferred
- Cloud, Microsoft Azure development experience preferred
- React experience is preferred
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- CI/CD experience preferred
- UI/UX experience and skills are a plus
- Agile process experience preferred
- Experience optimizing software to run fast, be reliable and fail safely – O(n) analysis should not be new to you.
- Show that you are a person who, upon seeing a problem, moves quickly to solve it instead of waiting for permission and specific instructions from others.