Software Engineer - Backend
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
Backend Technologies – Software Engineer
The Store inventory management and accompanying processes that meet customer and associates needs by delivering accurate count, disposition and location information and driving products to shoppable locations. In this specific role, we are looking for an engineer to work with a variety of back-end technologies to join a growing team to create new applications for store receiving area, as well as maintain and improve existing services across our portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Build backend end services using technologies and languages including but not limited to: Java, Spring, build reactive microservices spring web flux/spring boot, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Kafka .
- Interact with front end android mobile applications developed by this team and others using technologies and languages including but not limited to: Java, Kotlin, Compose, Expresso, GraphQL, XML, user interface design, Android UI studio, Gradle etc.
- Deploy the applications to Lowe’s hosted data centers or the cloud using technologies and languages including but not limited to: Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
- Support the applications using data using technologies and languages including but not limited to: Grafana, Kibana, PowerBI.
- Collaborate with business and product stakeholders, along with UI/UX partners and other engineering teams, to deliver well-architected and well documented software solutions.
Who You Are
- A software engineer already familiar with some of the backend technologies listed.
- OR a software engineer familiar with some of the front end OR backend technologies listed AND you are eager and excited to learn.
- Demonstrated the ability to deliver quality, well-documented code.
- Able to lead software projects and mentor more junior engineers.
- Perform code reviews and provide technical guidance to your team.
- Demonstrate software solutions to technical leaders and business/product stakeholders.
Where You’ll Be
- Associates are required to relocate to the Charlotte region to foster collaboration and facilitate improved testing and support.
- Lowe’s supports a Flex Office concept where in-person work is required two days per week at the Charlotte Tech Hub
- Most business meetings are planned around the Eastern time zone.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 2 years of experience in software development or a related field
- 2 years of experience with integration development using REST APIs, Java/J2EE microservices.
- 2 years of experience in database technologies
- 1 year of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- Master’s degree in computer science, CIS, or related field
- 2 years of IT hands-on experience in building enterprise software using Java in the space of Enterprise application
- 4 years of expertise with Core Java, Design patterns and advanced data structures/algorithms.
- 4 years of relevant experience developing robust, highly available, high performance distributed system
- 2 years of experience in developing with Spring MVC framework, Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring reactive, Spring Data JPA. Good knowledge of Spring Security is required.
- 1 year of experience with GCP, Azure Cloud or any other cloud technology
- 1 year of experience working with no-sql databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase etc.
- 1 year of experience in design, creating and executing automation scripts using Selenium, Rest Assured, Cucumber etc.
- 1 year of experience with Messaging/Event Streaming technologies such as Kafka/MQ
- 2 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 17 million customer transactions a week in the U.S. With total fiscal year 2022 sales of over $97 billion, approximately $92 billion of sales were generated in the U.S., where Lowe's operates over 1,700 home improvement stores and employs approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Pay Range for CA, CO, HI, NJ, NY, WA: $72,000.00 - $140,000.00 annually Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.