OmniByte Technology is a growing software company in Fargo, ND and we are hiring experienced innovators looking for a fun place to create and be challenged. As a Software Engineer with OmniByte you will design and develop Software as a Service solutions and services in the world of large-scale business applications.
Our team focuses on quality solutions and the latest technologies for business software developed in a mobile and cloud solution first and foremost, which reduces cost as a barrier to new technologies. Your goal every day is to design and build solutions which help the end user be more productive, get more done in a day and return home on time. We are looking for leaders in technology to join us in providing the highest of quality software and advanced services and mentor our team in solving problems in a multi-device world.
An ideal candidate will possess strong, demonstrated capabilities in programming, is passionate about problem solving and building technologies which help businesses run more efficiently, improve quality, and reduce costs.
We are looking for those that dare to share crazy ideas and ask a lot of questions.
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies while providing a user-friendly experience.
- Be client focused and delivering a product that is centered around a great client experience.
- Work directly with clients and partners to configure, enhance, integrate, and maintain business solutions for new and existing business applications.
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for applications; identify and debug, and create solutions for issues with code and integration into software architecture.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience in designing, developing, debugging, and shipping high-quality, commercial software or services. (academic development experience not considered)
- 2+ years demonstrated knowledge of .NET Framework and SQL Server (TSQL).
- 2+ years of professional experience in one of the major object-oriented programming languages, such as C# or Java.
- Mobile application development experience. (Android and iOS in a Hybrid environment)
- Knowledge and understanding of professional software engineering practices best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. Agile development practices preferred.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to clients.
- Experience with REST and JSON.
- Knowledge of the AngularJS Framework, Bootstrap Framework, and Ionic Framework.
- Knowledge of Azure SQL and Azure app services.
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD.
- Knowledge of caching, scaling, and performance improvements on iOS and Android.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Understanding of distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.