Software Engineer III
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems or related field and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Three to Four (3 - 4) years qualifying work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the experience requirements.
Under minimal supervision, designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs complex software programs for enhancements and new products. Responsible for complex concept design through the full development life cycle. Prepares and conducts systems programming test requiring interfacing and software tests. Coaches others in less senior positions.
- The Software Engineer team is responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting, and debugging software programs for enhancements and new products.
- Responsible for routine concept design through the full development life cycle.
- Prepares and conducts system programming tests requiring interfacing and software testing.
- Documents various software programs with flowcharts, visualizations, diagrams to ensure all users have a full understanding through development cycle.
- Experience building end to end solutions on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with source control tools like Git as well as knowledge using ADO.
- Backend Engineers: experience in development using Java or Springboot.
- Frontend Engineers: experience in development using React JS or Angular JS.
- Backend Engineers: ability in development writing interfaces such as API JSON or SOAP and webservices.
- Comfort with database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment and working with user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Willingness to learn and explore new technologies, vast technology stack and figure out solutions, by deeper research and troubleshooting.
This position can be domiciled anywhere in the United States. The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) and answer job screening questionnaire by 5 pm Central Time on Friday, February 2nd, 2024.
Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut, New York, California, Rhode Island, Washington, Hawaii, Illinois and New Jersey Residents Only - Compensation: Monthly Salary: $8,973.00 - $13,460.00. This compensation range is provided as a reasonable estimate of the current starting salary range for this role. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include but are not limited to your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Born out of FedEx, a pioneer that ships nearly 20 million packages a day and manages endless threads of information, FedEx Dataworks is an organization rooted in connecting the physical and digital sides of our network to meet today's needs and address tomorrow's challenges.
We are creating opportunities for FedEx, our customers, and the world at large by:
- Exploring and harnessing data to define and solve true problems;
- Removing barriers between data sets to create new avenues of insight;
- Building and iterating on solutions that generate value;
- Acting as a change agent to advance curiosity and performance.
At FedEx Dataworks, we are making supply chains work smarter for everyone.
Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid Life and ADD insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave, paid vacation, paid military leave, and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401k with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales Incentive compensation for selling roles.
Dataworks does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, Dataworks is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact DataworksTalentAcquisition@corp.ds.fedex.com.