C#/C+ Programmer Entry level to Mid Level (Remote) DieselLaptops.com – Columbia, SC
We carry a complete line of commercial truck diagnostic software, hardware, and laptop kits. We offer Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack, Volvo, International, CAT, Allison, Eaton Transmission, Wabco ABS, Bendix ABS, and universal diagnostic software. Our products and services cover virtually everything on a commercial truck such as diesel engines, electronic transmissions, ABS systems, Ford, GM, Chevrolet, and more.
We are looking for motivated individuals to join our team of automotive and truck diagnostic software developers. The applicant must be open to learning automotive protocols and recommended practices, able to analyse and troubleshoot existing C applications, may be required to sift through data log files to identify undocumented messages for inclusion in new or existing applications. Perform Field tests with automotive technicians on occasion, present suggestions and ideas for changes to existing applications or ideas for new applications related to the automotive and trucking industry.
In our efforts to keep everyone at Diesel Laptops safe and healthy we are abiding by the recommendations suggested by the CDC and the WHO by social distancing, providing face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and temperature checks to all employees working on site.
- Help build diagnostic products from the ground up – join our other engineering team to create diagnostic tools that are changing the industry
- Knows or can learn the vehicle bus protocols and who can figure out the purpose and format of undocumented messages. (C or C++)
- Maintains, updates, and writes new protocols for diagnostic products (Backend – C#, C or C++)
- Support te unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Must exhibit strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Possess meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable working to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing environments
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, fast-paced environment
- 1-3 years with c-based coding
- Troubleshoot and debug software
- Can design intuitive and user friendly Graphic User Interfaces and dialogs natively or through the use of 3rd party add-ons.
- Software Development
- Protocol Language
Job Type: Full-time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.