Symetra has an exciting new opportunity to join our team as a Software Developer!
About the role
This individual will work with the delivery team and business partners to help build, maintain, and deliver technology forward solutions used by Symetra’s internal customers. Working as an individual contributor, this individual will be encouraged to partner with others in estimating development efforts based on high level requirements as well as all aspects of delivery.
What you will do
- Perform hands-on technical Salesforce development and implementations, with a focus on delivering functional solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Implement Salesforce solutions that adhere to platform best practices.
- Support Salesforce integrations with other applications, such as Power BI, SharePoint, and other tools which reference Salesforce as a database.
- Write unit tests, integration tests, performance tests.
- Collaborate with various team members and stakeholders on requirements definition and feature design and development.
- Be an agent of Agile thinking to deliver testable and usable software iteratively.
- Identify opportunities for improving application functionality and performance issues by working with customers and architecture resources.
What we offer you
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Salary Range: $82,900 – $138,100 plus eligibility for annual bonus program
Who you are
- 2 – 4 years of experience as a software engineer with excellent design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce security model (Profiles, Permission Sets, Sharing Rules etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce platform programming languages: Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Component framework and Event Management
- Salesforce Certifications:
- Required: SalesForce Certified Administrator
- Required: SalesForce Certified Platform Developer 1
- Strongly Preferred: SalesForce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Strongly Preferred: SalesForce Certified Platform Developer 2
- Experience in one or more of programming language such as NodeJS, TypeScript, Python, Java, C#
- Experience of integrating SalesForce applications with non-SalesForce backend systems through REST APIs
- Proactive, thrives in a startup like environment with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Collaborative attitude that incorporates various perspectives and puts customer before technology.
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical peers.
- Strong problem solving, basic project management and organizational skills.
- Experience in DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science required.
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we’re building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a driven price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities, and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers.
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.