Software Developer, Full Stack/Mobile
About the job
We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer, Full Stack/Mobile to join the Customer Service Platform team responsible for ensuring that all backend and cloud contact center systems are integrated, implemented, maintained, and optimized to ensure efficiency for the business.
You’ll be responsible for the configuration, optimization, and support of Hopper's omnichannel contact center systems including Hopper’s back end, CRM, WFO tools, chatbots, and IVR call flows. We’re looking for a highly analytical and solutions-driven contributor to build viable and resilient solutions, as well as manage multiple projects of varying complexities with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- A strong background in Software Engineering (2-5 years) Experience developing and troubleshooting solutions with code/scripting (e.g., Python, Java, C#, .NET, Node.js, React)
- Experience or is willing to learn distributed system development using our tech stack. (React, Node, Scala, Swift, Kotlin, etc.)
- Experience in developing user-facing web/mobile applications and a passion for building engaging user experiences
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable and maintainable code that performs well for our consumers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to clarify, analyze and investigate organizational needs, identify potential roadblocks and develop viable, working, and cost-effective solutions
- Effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, taking ownership, and delivering results while prioritizing customer outcomes
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Web development experience
- Mobile development (iOS, Android)
Some previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Broad understanding of cloud contact center technologies, organization, and operations
- Experience in implementing and maintaining complex routing, skillset libraries, and customer journey flows using technologies such as Kustomer
- Experience with Amazon Connect
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the leading travel platform globally – powering Hopper’s mobile app, website and our B2B business, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions). By leveraging massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to bring transparency, flexibility and savings to travelers globally. We have developed several unique fintech solutions that address everything from pricing volatility to trip disruptions – helping people travel better and save more on their trips.
The Hopper platform serves hundreds of millions of travelers globally and continues to capture market share around the world. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the Hopper app has been downloaded over 120 million times and has become largely popular among younger travelers – with 70% of its users being Gen Z and millennials.
While everyone knows us as the Gen Z and Millennial travel app, Hopper has evolved to become much more than that. In recent years, we’ve grown into a global travel agency and travel fintech provider that powers some of the world’s largest brands.
Through HTS, our B2B division, the company supercharges its partners’ direct channels by integrating our fintech products on their sites or powering end-to-end travel portals. Today, our partners include leading travel brands like Capital One, Nubank, Air Canada and many more.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
Comment start Hopper sells billion Comment end s worth of travel and travel fintech every year. In 2023, over 1.3 billion trips were planned through the Hopper app and our HTS partnerships.
Our fintech products – including Price Freeze, Flexibility for Any Reason and Flight Disruption Assistance – have exceptionally strong CSAT because the terms are always clear, and customers receive instant, no-questions-asked resolutions.
Almost 30% of our app customers purchase at least one fintech product when making a booking; and consumers are 1.6x more likely to repurchase if they add fintech to their booking vs if they booked just travel.
Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative, HTS (Hopper Technology Solutions), which represents more than 50% of the business.
Through HTS, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory on their direct channels. As its first HTS partnership, the company partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders. Other HTS partners include Air Canada, Uber, CommBank, Nubank, Flair Airlines with many more in the pipeline.
Featured in Apple’s Best of the App Store list of Essential Travel Apps in 2023 and recognized by the likes of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Hopper has been downloaded over 120 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month. Hopper is now the #3 largest online travel agency in North America and 70% of our app customers are Gen-Z and millennials travelers.
Hopper has raised over $750 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago