Marotta Controls, Inc.
Come grow with Marotta! One of NJ’s fastest growing technology companies, named a New Jersey Top Workplace for 2022 2023 and a “Made in New Jersey” Manufacturer of the Year Award Winner. You will have room to grow and be a part of an exciting team, all within a warm and welcoming environment.
Marotta Controls, Inc. specializes in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Founded in 1943, Marotta has been at the forefront of Aerospace Defense milestones for over 80 years from breaking the sound barrier on the Bell X-1 and landing the first man on the moon to playing a critical role on today’s advanced U.S Navy platforms as well as the emerging commercial Space industry.
Our products and expertise range from high performance valves to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conversion systems. We have received over 200 patents for our technologies and support the most demanding applications found on military aircraft, tactical systems, submarines, surface ships, satellites and space launch vehicles. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world including The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, NASA Northrop Grumman.
The Enterprise Data and Process Automation Team, within Marotta’s IT Department, is seeking a highly skilled Full Stack Developer with AWS expertise, and a proven track record for leading development efforts from inception to post implementation support.
The ideal candidate will utilize knowledge and past experiences of AWS Microservices, APIs and 3rd party integrations to lead the design, development, and maintenance of frontend and backend applications within Marotta’s Data Architecture also known as the “Marotta-Verse”. With each implementation, the Developer will play a pivotal role focused on enhancing data quality, accessibility, and efficiency, while optimizing performance, scalability, and reliability.
Major Duties/Essential Functions will include:
- Designs, develops, and maintains front-end and back-end applications within Marotta’s Data Architecture
- Manages the end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications
- Maintains and upgrades software following deployment
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into robust architectural designs
- Oversees system integration and user acceptance testing and provides feedback to management during the development process
- Modifies and tests changes to previously developed programs
- Conducts assessments, provides recommendations, and implements best practices for cost optimization, security, and performance tuning
- Establishes and maintains communication with business units and third-party vendors to monitor changing information technology environments
- Conceptualizes, defines, develops, tests, and deploys needed enterprise technology solutions, products, and services
- Collaborates with IT security and audit to enforce strict cross-platform security and audit controls
- Partners with other IT functions to evaluate, prioritize, and resolve new issues and problem scenarios
- Creates, updates, and maintains strategic technology plans
- Manages complex technology projects across organizations
- Crafts acceptable policies and procedures as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing the complete software development lifecycle from conception to deployment
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS Lamda, Relational Database Service (RDS), Lake Formation and Cloud migrations
- Expertise in high-level programing languages such as Java, Python, Angular and/or C#
- Experience with Web frontend and backend development, data access tiers, Enterprise SQL
- Experience with Micro Services such as Spring Framework and Spring Boot as well as Container Service such as AWS ECS, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Established record of creating and maintaining multiple environments
- Ability to document business requirements and system designs
- Lean and/or Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of JIRA or a similar ticketing system a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Must be a US Citizen
This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop
environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye,
hearing and foot protection (as required).
This is a full-time position. On-call rotation and occasional weekend support is expected
This position is based in Montville and may require occasional travel to our Parsippany office
No regular travel is expected for this position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach and lift with hands and arms, and to use hands to
finger, handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, turn, etc., and move about the facility. The employee may be required to lift, push, pull and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds
This position is at our Parsippany, NJ office location.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, paid holidays and flexible work hours with compressed work week options. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments and host several employee engagement events per quarter.
If you are looking to grow or accelerate your career and be part of a best in class organization while enjoying a work-life balance, please visit our website at www.marotta.com to learn more about us and to apply. Check out all of our openings at https://marotta.com/job-openings/
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
No agencies, please.
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago