Backend Developer Contractor
FORT Robotics is seeking a Backend Developer to join the team for a 6-12 month contract to join our team and help us build the future for autonomous and robotics machines. As a Backend Developer at FORT Robotics, you will be a crucial player in our software development team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining robust backend systems. Your expertise will be vital in shaping the backbone of our software solutions that power autonomous robotic systems.
- Implement software engineering best practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain service-oriented and event-driven architectures, including working with asynchronous API patterns and queuing technologies.
- Design and develop software components that align with business requirements and technical specifications within established timelines.
- Actively review and evaluate ongoing development activities, including code reviews and implementation strategies.
- Proven experience in server-side programming with languages such as C#, NodeJS, Go, or similar technologies.
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience in designing, implementing, and debugging fault-tolerant software for cloud deployments.
- Hands-on experience with major Cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Proficient in container technologies and orchestration tools, preferably Kubernetes, and continuous deployment (CD) tooling.
- Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies and modern DevOps practices.
- Experience with telemetry systems, time series queries, and a deployment and operations mindset.
- Proficiency in using Git, YAML, and JSON.
- Minimum four years of software development experience with at least two years focused on C# and Internet technologies.
- Have been working with C# and Internet technologies.
- Full stack capable is a plus
- Experience with IAM systems and HSM implementations a plus
FORT Robotics is building a first-of-its-kind safety and security platform for smart machines. FORT's mission is to unlock the full potential of automation by accelerating development, reducing risk, and building trust in autonomous systems. Based in Philadelphia, FORT provides solutions for autonomous and intelligent machines in a variety of industries, including warehousing, construction, agriculture, and manufacturing.