Job Description: About Our Organization:
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations globally. It is home to leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Barron’s, MarketWatch, Mansion Global, Financial News, Investor’s Business Daily, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, OPIS and Chemical Market Analytics. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
About the Team:
OPIS, a Dow Jones company, provides price transparency across the global fuel supply chain, including the Spot, Wholesale Rack and Retail markets. OPIS enables customers to buy and sell energy commodities with confidence with multi-platform access to accurate data, real-time news, powerful software and educational events. Our commitment to reliability is reinforced by personalized customer service and constant innovation. OPIS listens to what the energy community needs and responds with flexible and easy-to-use products. Navigating world fuel markets is complex – OPIS makes it simpler.
Are you an analytical thinker and passionate about problem solving?
OPIS is looking for an experienced, driven and future thinking Software Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team to become an important part of global OPIS. This team member will work with OPIS Product Development teams consisting of members based in Gaithersburg, US, Bucharest, Romania and Remote. To fit this role, we are looking for that unique mix of solid technical capabilities, blended with strong interpersonal skills. This role is proactive within our development teams, responsible for offering innovative technical input, creative ideas and strong technical coding skills.
- Write, build and deploy code
- Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
- Be part of an Agile team, leading the development team, using company’s latest software development life-cycle, working closely with team members from Romania and US
- Leverage our Cloud infrastructure (AWS) in order to design solutions that make the best of it
- Maintains existing legacy applications
- Track down and resolve bugs in any OPIS code base
- Adhere to best practice development standards (such as continuous integration and deployment)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 0-2 years hands-on software development experience
- Strong knowledge of OOP, SOLID principles, IoC/DI and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of C# and Microsoft .Net framework
- Good understanding of a relational database engine - SQL Server (or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with modern software development life-cycle
It’s A Bonus If You Also Have:
Worked with .Net Core
Cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
Unit testing experience (NUnit, MSUnit, NSubstitute, Moq, etc.)
- Able to work with multiple teams while also working independently
- Not afraid to dig deep to find resolutions to recurring issues
- Able to quickly jump from project to project, switching gears multiple times throughout the day
- Excellent at communicating issues discovered to all members of a project team
- Confident and passionate about testing and driven to produce the highest quality products
- Excellent at client service skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from home/Hybrid/In-office
- Great culture and people
- Growth opportunities and career pathing
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line .
Reasonable accommodation: Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Software Product Engineering
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 40432