Software Engineer I
From Intake to Outcomes, CareMetx is dedicated to supporting the patient journey by providing hub services, innovative technology, and decision-making data to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device innovators.
Job Title: Software Engineer I
Do you aspire to drive positive disruption in healthcare to make a meaningful impact on patients?
Are you excited about the opportunity to apply your creativity and innovation to address healthcare challenges in patient access to life-changing medications?
While every patient's therapeutic journey is unique, many face the complexity of navigating the path to improved health. CareMetx comprehends these challenges and offers solutions that help patients to overcome barriers.
If this prospect resonates with you, we invite you to join the CareMetx team!
In this role, you will be a part of an autonomous team charged with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining solutions that power our patient support platforms. CareMetx teams are empowered to own outcomes, autonomous and highly aligned. Teams are also highly collaborative in driving the delivery of value. There is no such thing as not my job – there is team. Our senior team members are full stack and our junior team members are learning the way. We thrive in creating a collaborative environment where there is plenty of opportunity for everyone to expand the depth and breadth of their skill and for more senior engineers to help mentor more junior engineers. We are CareMetx. We are team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively engage and understand the team's mission and vision, embodying these as guiding principals
- Develop proficiency in the team’s technical stacks and acquire foundational understanding of the business domain.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing, and continuous learning within the team.
- Gain familiarity with event-driven architecture (EDA) principles and Apache Kafka through hands-on experience and collaboration with experienced team members.
- Seek mentorship proactively from experienced colleagues to deepen understanding and skills in the teams technology stack.
- Develop well-designed and efficient code across a full software lifecycle
- Collaborate with the team to troubleshoot and optimize systems for performance, scalability, and stability
- Actively participate in cross team collaborations, supporting the delivery of holistic solutions.
- Actively support the adoption of new technologies and patterns, displaying willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Open to both providing peer support and receiving mentorship to and from colleagues, sharing knowledge about technology stacks within the team’s scope.
- Collaborate with the team and Architects, actively contributing to the design and architecture of the product by offering informed suggestions and ideas
- Collaborate with the team for improvements within engineering workflows and advocate for process enhancements
- Acquire foundational knowledge of systems thinking, focusing on understanding basic software components and their interactions.
- Participate in on-call rotations as scheduled, responding to and resolving system issues with guidance from senior engineers, as needed.
- Utilize telemetry to build efficient system, and monitor health and performance
- Engage with the team in code refactoring and improvement
- Champion and enforce engineering best practices, including Test-Driven Development (TDD), code reviews, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) within the team.
- Actively expand technical knowledge and expertise through self-directed learning and experimentation.
- Adhere to security compliance standards to protect user data and ensure the security of developed software.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience delivering user-facing, enterprise-grade software solutions in a cloud environment.
- A 4-year engineering degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare or HIPAA-regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) standards for sharing healthcare information electronically is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in multiple programming languages and quick adaptation to new technologies with a strong base in .NET, C#, and SQL.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills, efficiently addressing complex issues in dynamic, high-paced environments with a proactive approach.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Exposure knowledge of continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing, with the ability to implement best practices at scale.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficiency in .NET framework, with strong skills in C# programming.
- Exposure to event-driven architecture (EDA) principles and Apache Kafka
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Strong foundational knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles.
- Experience with agile environments.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with broad range of monitoring and analytics tools
- Other duties as required
(Remove below if not legally required)
Physical Demands (Remove if not legally required)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- CareMetx engineering teams work standard work week in the East Coast Time zone
Work Environment (Remove if not legally required)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CareMetx considers equivalent combinations of experience and education for most jobs. All candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
At CareMetx we work hard, we believe in what we do, and we want to be a company that does right by our employees. Our niche industry is an integral player in getting specialty products and devices to the patients who need them by managing reimbursements for those products, identifying alternative funding when insurers do not pay, and providing clinical services.
CareMetx is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.