PD DevOps Software Developer (AZURE .NET)
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At BMS, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients’ lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology. We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is meaningful, consider joining our diverse team!
Please be advised that this role is also a hands-on development position where the proper candidate will have experience in IT industry as DevOps Engineer with expertise in Automation, Build/ Release Engineering and Software Development involving cloud computing platforms like Azure or AWS.
Desired Candidate Characteristics:
- Have a strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion for healthcare.
- “DevOps Software Developer” professional with 4+ years of experience in all phases of SDLC involving Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment, Testing, and Implementation of Web Client/ Server /Server Less applications.
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and commitment to deliver the best user experience and adoption.
- Proficiency with Microsoft .NET technologies, including .NET Framework, .NET Core, ASP.NET, MVC, and Web API.
- Proficiency with Microsoft .NET programming languages such as C#, VB.NET, PowerShell, Python and IronPython.
- Experience in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask, or Pyramid)
- Experience of designing and developing cloud-based applications using Microsoft .NET and Azure technologies.
- Experience of Azure cloud services, including Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, and Azure SQL Database.
- Experience in RDBMS/RDS such as Oracle, SQL server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience of Azure DevOps, including source control and CICD.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in using/managing source code repositories like SVN, TFS, GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize software requirements.
- Developing and maintaining software documentation, including technical specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and of computer systems validation (CSV)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Accountable for the development and production support and life cycle management for multiple information management systems used by Pharmaceutical Development and Global supplies within GPS.
- Collaborate with Business and IT Plan functions to develop solutions for business problems including defining business requirements, provide project timelines and budget, develop acceptance criteria, testing, training, and change management plans.
- Contributes heavily towards developing a plan for development activities and translates those into actionable projects. These include releases, required modifications and discretionary enhancements to support the application life cycle.
- Collaborate directly with the business clients, IT Business Partners, and other IT functions on delivery of digital capabilities.
- Take complete ownership of releases from design till deployment and successful production run. This includes coordination with Ops team to deploy applications to various environments.
- Requires advanced knowledge applicable to a wide range of work in own function and thorough knowledge of other functions, typically gained through a university degree and 3-5 years of experience.
- May lead initiatives related to continuous improvement or implementation of new technologies. Works independently on most deliverables.
- Coordinate with offshore teams ensuring that all team members are successful in their delivery of services to the business.
- Demonstrates a focus on improving processes, structures, and knowledge within the team. Leads in analyzing current states, deliver strong recommendations in understanding complexity in the environment, and the ability to execute to bring complex solutions to completion.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion, and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.