Software II Developer - .NET
Remote Opportunity! (Must live in MO or IL)
BJC is hiring for a Software II Developer - .Net. We are looking for candidates with .Net and SQL. Knowledge of data warehouse concepts is a plus. Telerik knowledge is a huge plus.
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $6.3 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 14 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
The software developer in Technology, skilled to work on developing software components as part of a product or platform team that deliver value to stakeholders. This role will develop and refactor applications, integrations between third-party solutions and/or customizations to third-party applications as applicable. Responsible for designing and writing code, performing testing, peer reviewing code and contributing to all stages of software development.This role will also be responsible for troubleshooting of production issues and providing break fixes.Participates in risk management activities and works on remediation/mitigation plans.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors moderately complex programs/scripts by applying agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result. Identifies issues related to software development activities and proposes practical solutions to resolve issues.Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Follows agreed procedures to identify and resolve issues with applications meeting established SLA's (service level agreements) and carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- This role designs test cases and test scripts, mapping back to pre-determined criteria and applies agreed standards to specify and perform manual and automated testing.
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change and applies change control procedures using tools, techniques and processes to manage and report on change requests.
- Performs basic risk management activities for internal and external facing applications like tracking of risks, threats, security vulnerabilities and executes simple mitigation actions.
- May be part of an after-hours on-call rotation.
- Bach Deg and/or Equivalent Exp
- <2 years
- No Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science/related
- 2-5 years
- Certified Java Developer
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
- Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer