Software Engineer (C#/.NET)
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson is in the business of better health, and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
We are looking for a Software Engineer for our Macro Helix 340B program management technology for hospital health system-covered entities and retail contract pharmacy networks.
Responsible for product development using mostly C#, Angular, etc. You will play an active role in prototyping concepts in partnership with other senior engineers within the team and across the business. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and will have an opportunity to work with different teams across the organization. As a part of this growing team, you will get to work on variety of technologies like Azure cloud, Databricks, Snowflake etc. with high visibility in the organization. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun, grow and make positive impact on many people.
- This is a hands-on development role with experience in developing enterprise level applications.
- Conceptualize and demonstrate solutions through documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts.
- Develop cutting edge-solutions to maximize performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities.
- Work with a team of highly motivated and talented people with diverse perspectives.
- Participate in the software development life cycle that takes project from inception to completion through connecting client's needs with applicable state-of-the-art technology solutions.
- Work closely with QA team throughout the development cycle and support performance tuning and testing activity.
- Work with Product Team in translating business requirements into technical specifications, establish and refine details and requirements of applications, components, enhancements, and defects.
- Ability to Debug/ troubleshoot the issues and identify the root cause.
- Analyze and investigate application engineering tasks and prepare design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Ensure that system improvements are secure and well tested and successfully implemented, documented, and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Develop enterprise-scale Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) software utilizing SaaS design principles
- Modernize legacy products to use the latest cloud technologies.
- Build and deploy secure solutions utilizing quality standards and software development life cycle processes which include requirement gathering, high level and detailed design, coding, testing and support.
- Actively participate in Agile Ceremonies.
- Degree or equivalent and typically requires 4+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
- 4+ years of experience with C# /.Net core back-end development
- 4+ years of experience with SQL server 2012 and higher
- 4+ years of experience with frontend development
- 2+ years of experience in building Restful APIs.
- 1+ years of experience working with Microsoft Azure (preferred), Google Cloud Platform, or AWS (IaaS, PaaS, and Services)
- Demonstrated experience in building microservices utilizing Restful APIs.
- Demonstrated experience in enabling code to align with a CI/CD process (JIRA, Jenkins, Git)
Additional Knowledge Skills
- Experience in developing and implementing applications on a cloud platform preferably using Azure.
- Familiarity with containerization using Docker for app development.
- Agile Methodology
- Front end frameworks such as Angular
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$100,100 - $166,900
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!