Specialist, Software Engineer - Java C++ Secret COS GBOSS
Usaf Academy, CO
$78,000 - $145,000 / year
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is the Trusted Disruptor for the global aerospace and defense industry. With customers’ mission-critical needs always in mind, our more than 50,000 employees deliver end-to-end technology solutions connecting the space, air, land, sea and cyber domains.
Specialist, Software Engineer – GBOSS EMD (Secret)
Job Code: 2020
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
As the premier provider of Space Domain Awareness (SDA) mission solutions for the United States Space Force, L3Harris is looking for a candidate to develop the Ground Based Optical Sensor System (GBOSS) for the SDA mission. L3Harris is seeking professionals to work in a dynamic environment to solve challenging technical problems. Individuals will perform optical system software development, design, implementation, and test. The ideal candidate should have experience with the full software development lifecycle. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO and requires a Secret Security Clearance.
- Performing software component design and development for the GET subsystem, including updates to legacy Sensor Control Software code written in C++ and leveraging data interfaces for other code modules
- Use DevOps pipelines to perform continuous integration and deployment
- Participate in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and minimum 4 years software experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of software experience. In lieu of degree 8 years of software experience.
- Software experience in Java and C++
- Experience with Docker and Puppet
- Experience in developing software for Linux run-time environments, such as Red Hat Linux
- Experience in firmware interface control logic, including timing, order of operations and error handling
- Agile software development process such as scrum or Kanban
- Object oriented design concepts
- Experience designing complex software based on requirements
- Development skills to include design concepts, supporting code reviews, and clear debugging logic
- Experience in delivery of production software products in fielded environments
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II, IAM Level II, or IASAE Level II or higher certification required – includes Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or CSSLP within 60 days of employment
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secret Security Clearance
- Experience in the Electro-Optical Space Domain Awareness mission
- Experience with software deployment to Space Force remote compute platforms
- Experience with building and maintaining CI/CD software pipelines
- Experience with development in a virtual machine environment
- Ability to travel (<15%)
- Ability to support late-night development and test efforts
- Strong communication skills through verbal, written and multimedia products
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $78,000 - $145,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish. For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish.
About the Company:
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago