Senior Cloud Engineer (Azure)
Who We Are:
Nuvalence is a next-generation consulting firm helping organizations across all industries design and build best-in-class digital platforms and products. Operating as a strategic partner to clients, we find ways to accelerate innovation by leveraging our technical expertise, strong experience in commercial software design and engineering, AI, and cloud-native practices. Deploying a product-driven approach, we create software solutions that make an impact, empowering our clients to succeed in the digital era and achieve their most ambitious business goals. Nuvalence is a remote-first workforce united by our drive to help solve the world’s most important challenges through impactful software solutions. Our growing team of over 150 developers, designers, product managers, and operations specialists – we hire the best people regardless of where they live, so long as they’re willing to work Eastern Standard Time Zone hours.
As a Nuvalence Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Be a champion of Azure standards and best practices around access controls, networking, tagging/labeling, AKS cluster provisioning, Azure DNS, key vault, among others
- Design, build and curate cost- and resource-efficient cloud-native infrastructure
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance for running workloads in the cloud
- Automate the provisioning of infrastructure, platform and application delivery, deployment, and releases
The Primary Experience Nuvalence typically looks for:
- Solid experience with infrastructure automation using Terraform
- Proven record operating High Availability services on Azure (3+ years)
- Experience implementing SRE standards for Resiliency and Scalability of microservices on Azure
- Experience with Azure container offerings (e.g. AKS, ACI, App Services)
- Experience with monitoring Azure services with Azure Monitor (Azure App Insights, Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics) or Datadog
- Use of Continuous Delivery tools – preferably Azure DevOps or GitHub Actions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of core Azure services such as Azure Functions, App Service, B2C, Configuration Service, Cosmos, Blob Storage, SQL Server, Azure LogAnalytics, Azure Frontdoor and Application Insights.
- Experience designing, deploying and managing container orchestration using Kubernetes
- Experience with Python or .NET Core
- Experience with additional Cloud providers in addition to Azure (AWS and or GCP) is desirable
- Experience with Azure AI offerings (OpenAI, Prompt flow, MLOps)
- Experience with other cloud service providers (GCP, AWS) is a plus
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes
- Deep understanding and interest in AI, cloud, and distributed systems architectures
Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity
We’re a dynamic work environment with great benefits including:
- 3% 401K company contribution; 100% vested after 90 days
- Extensive Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Generous remote work stipend for what you need to be successful
- Nuvalence has AWS GCP partnerships, and we cover the trainings and certifications cost for all employees
- We’re focused on employee growth by providing multiple resources for continuous learning
- Flexible PTO (we have a 3 week minimum policy in fact!) + company paid holidays
- Bi-annual company parties: NYC, Toronto, and more to come!
- Monthly Virtual Team Building Events including: Cooking classes, yoga classes, virtual escape rooms, etc.
- FSA HRA Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) : Employer-funded health benefit plan that reimburses employees for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- FSA Health Care and FSA Dependent Care : Employee-funded accounts used to pay for eligible health and dependent care services.
- Internal learning through bi-weekly knowledge sharing sessions held by our own employees
DEI at Nuvalence:
- Our mission is to be champions of a positive culture, embracing an inclusive workplace that promotes equity and values diversity. We support this mission by:
- Investing in and committing to company-wide OKRs that measure DEI progress over time
- Bringing visibility to DEI initiatives through education, advocacy, and recruiting
- Raising awareness about conscious and unconscious bias, and working towards acknowledging bias and reducing its impact
- Making Nuvalence the obvious career choice for technically minded people with diverse perspectives
- Enabling our employees to work with each other as their true selves in an inclusive, comfortable, respectful, and supportive way.
- Weekly DEI working group sessions
- Company ERGs (employee resource groups) and Allies who are passionate in supporting the group members in creating an educated, supportive and inclusive culture.
Salary Transparency (For US based employees only)
- Senior Compensation Bands:
- Major Metro
- $181K – $250K USD yearly base
- Secondary Metro
- $152k – $210k USD yearly base
- Major Metro