Senior Cloud Engineer
Junior, Senior level
BAIN CAPITAL OVERVIEW
Established in 1984, Bain Capital is one of the world’s leading multi-asset alternative investment firms with approximately $75 billion in assets under management and 900+ employees. Bain Capital manages a range of funds including private equity, public equity, fixed income and credit and venture capital investments across multiple sectors, industries, and geographies. Our competitive advantage is grounded in a people-intensive, value-added investment approach that enables the firm to deliver industry-leading returns for its investors. Our offices span four continents with offices in Boston, Chicago, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, Mumbai, Munich, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Shanghai, Sydney, and Tokyo.
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be part of the Global Infrastructure organization, reporting to the Director of Cloud Operations. This position will also engage with all Information Technology teams supporting the unique Bain Capital business units and supporting cloud transformation programs firm wide.
- Contributes to and supports the enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects Cloud offerings
- Manage, support, and continue to evolve the overall AWS architecture to support its continued growth and expanding role in IT service delivery
- Support the migration of applications into the cloud infrastructure and assisting in the analysis, tuning, and re-architecture when necessary to ensure adherence to business requirements.
- Contributes to and support the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile project management
- Provides expert level design and engineering support towards the successful delivery of IT’s cloud project portfolio
- Contribute towards continual service improvement activities related to the delivery of cloud services
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams, designed to increase productivity
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, cost effectiveness and high availability in the cloud
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture
- Create and implement automation in the form of infrastructure as code
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years IT experience with 2+ years AWS experience required, experience with Azure a plus
- Solid experience managing fundamental AWS services in a multi-account environment, including Control Tower, Organizations, IAM, EC2, Lambda, SNS, S3, SSM, SQS, CloudWatch, and KMS
- Solid experience deploying and supporting Windows and Linux
- Experience scripting with Bash, PowerShell, Python, or similar language. Golang is a plus.
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools including CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent.
- Experience with Infrastructure code generation and templating using tools like Terragrunt
- Experience creating and implementing Policy as Code using tools like Sentinel.
- Experience creating build pipelines and workflows using GitHub Actions or Azure Devops
- Experience with different branching strategies like GitOps
- Experience with observability tooling such as Datadog, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, or equivalent
- Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes
- Experience with containerization using Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of complex global networking topologies and zero-trust firewalling practices.
- Strong passion for technology, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to evangelize the uses of cloud services.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, ability to translate technical direction into functional solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to investigate complex issues spanning multiple technologies and drive to completion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail and problem analysis capabilities yet, able to conceptualize end-state solutions
- Ability to influence others effectively
- Proven team-oriented person who can share information, goals, opportunities, successes, and failures with the appropriate parties
30+ days ago
Last updated 29 days ago