NGDS is seeking a Cloud Engineer position to plan, design, deploy, and continue to support a mission critical project. The cloud engineer position will provide support to the Cloud Services Management Organization. The technical responsibilities of the Cloud Engineer include the design, deployment, upgrades and support of a multi-vendor enterprise cloud network. This is a new project and the candidate will need have the ability to learn and work in different technologies as the effort progresses.
- Supporting, implementing and maintaining all components of Naval systems hosted in Cloud Service Provider (CSP) infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle).
- Deploy and manage cloud environments via infrastructure as code (IaC) utilizing cloud native IaC toolsets/services or multi-cloud capable methods, such as Terraform.
- Configuration and maintenance of all cloud native services available within CSP government regions.
- Use of scripting and automation technologies such as Python PowerShell to simplify and streamline deployment and operations tasks.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing cloud services, workload distribution, and component sizing within cloud environments to ensure proper performance and cost objectives are met.
- Assist with the implementation and optimization of server monitoring tools to maintain visibility on capacity, security, availability, continuity, and usage/speed metrics that fall outside optimal parameters
- Extend On Premise Networks/environments to CSPs using cloud native services and associated network appliances.
- Demonstrate experience as a Cloud Engineer to include system design, documentation, implementation, testing, operational support, and configuration of cloud services and associated applications.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Extensive experience with system design, deployment, and management within major Cloud Service Provider (CSP) infrastructure:
o Amazon Web Services
o Microsoft Azure
o Google Cloud
o Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting cloud based Load Balanced services (SSL Certificate Management, DNS).
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and systems administration; and the ability to troubleshoot problems
- Secret clearance or higher preferred
- 8570 compliance (Active Security and OS certifications
- Knowledge and experience working with Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and associated technologies preferred
- Proven skills in discussing and planning application architecture with cross-functional application, business, technical teams and third-party vendors.
- Should be capable of organizing, tracking and managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Preferred applicants will also be familiar with government information assurance standards including DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, IAVAs management, auditing and accreditation processes.
- Technical writing skills
About the Company:
NexGen Data Systems is an emerging technologies focused company providing expert systems and network engineering solutions to the Department of Defense. NexGen Data Systems promotes a culture of knowledge and career advancement through continued learning, keeping our team current on the latest advances in systems and networking, and enabling our team to provide the best available solutions to our clients.
- Company covers 100% of premiums for the employee’s medical, dental, and vision insurance and subsidizes premiums for spouse and dependents.
- Company provides short and long term disability plans.
- 401(k) match up to 10% of the employee’s salary contributions to 401(K) plan.
- Comprehensive training and development program.
- 11 paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) accrual level starts at 15 days annually.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
NOTE: US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. In order to be qualified for this position, you must be able to obtain and maintain a United States Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. We are unable to sponsor Visas at this time. NexGen Data Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.