Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Junior, Senior level
Job Description Summary
For over forty years, HarbourVest has been home to a committed team of professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to deliver impactful solutions to our clients and investing partners. As our global firm grows, we continue to add individuals who seek a collaborative, open-door culture that values diversity and innovative thinking.
In our collegial environment that’s marked by low turnover and high energy, you’ll be inspired to grow and thrive. Here, you will be encouraged to build on your strengths and acquire new skills and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion that promotes mutual respect among all employees. Understanding and valuing these differences optimizes the potential of both the individual and the firm.
HarbourVest is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will be a hybrid work arrangement, which translates to 2-3 days minimum per week in the office.
The Azure Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is an IT specialist who constructs and maintains infrastructure and solutions within Microsoft’s cloud service, as well as within our existing corporate WAN. Their duties include cloud infrastructure and network DevOps implementation and administration; as well as working on IT infrastructure as we migrate on-premises IT resources to the cloud over the next several years. They are responsible, as part of a team, for the security and administration of Infrastructure and Platform Services in multiple regions of Azure. Ideally, they will have experience working cloud infrastructure, engineering, or DevOps/Network team within a global financial services company.
In a multi-region support model, the successful candidate will assist App development and data project teams to resolve urgent and complicated deployment and infrastructure issues by combining their in-depth product and technical knowledge with their understanding of the needs of partners, clients and end-users. They accomplish this by working on active cases and encouraging timely resolution of urgent problems while adhering to strict security and regulatory guidelines.
The ideal candidate is someone who is/has:
- Demonstrable experience securing resources in a cloud network environment. This includes subnetting, routing and securing data-at-rest resources including: App Services, Containers, SQL, CosmosDB, storage accounts, key vaults, or Event Grid.
- An understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and procedures. This Includes CI/CD and pipelines, Git repos, build agents and approval gates.
- Experience with bicep, ARM or Terraform templates.
- Expertise with Linux (Redhat and Ubuntu) and Windows, and experience with Docker, Podman and Kubernetes.
- Solid grasp of hybrid-cloud networking, WAN concepts, and firewalling. This includes routing, switching, firewalling, and split-brain DNS services.
- Demonstrable ability to script in any relevant environment: BASH, PowerShell, Python, and/or SQL.
- Good understanding of operating secure databases (Cosmos and SQL) in the Cloud and on-premises. Includes the ability to grant and maintain roles, perform backups, and secure through various third-party tools.
What you will do:
- Deploy application and infrastructure services in a highly available, hybrid-cloud environment.
- Work with product teams to run, secure, and interconnect data-focused platforms such as Synapse, Machine Learning, Datalake, Databricks, Datafactory and Purview with data from sources such as Azure Storage Accounts, SQL and CosmosDB.
- Work with teams to implement and run application services such as App Service Environments and API Management services.
- Implement Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) for teams using vNets and NVA firewalls to secure company-sensitive traffic.
- Deploy and manage virtual networks with high levels of performance and security to handle workloads.
- Install and maintain third-party cloud-based solutions.
- Ensure smooth operation and security of the Company’s CI/CD environment and associated repos.
- Implement cloud environments in compliance with the organization’s security policies.
- Monitor performance to enforce service-level agreements.
- Perform disaster recovery and configuration management tasks.
- Use Azure’s automation technology.
Engineering, Cloud Resources and Services (70%)
- Deploy, secure and run IaaS and PaaS resources in Azure.
- Work with Project Teams to resolve resource deployment questions, network problems or security issues.
- Develop and support CI/CD processes.
- Implement least-privilege and high-security standard processes.
Support, Network and Cloud Resources/Services (20%)
- Support all cloud-based resources, project teams access, and resource inter-connectivity. Support all connectivity to/from Azure services and across global WAN
- Lead security-related issues.
- Build up Cloud documentation to be used by all HarbourVest staff and consultants.
- This information will be focused on policy, standard processes, How-To(s), and systems design.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.S) or equivalent experience.
4 or more years working in Infrastructure, Network Engineering or DevOps role. This should include significant experience in Azure, or similar cloud environment.
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago