Metagenics is seeking a skilled and experienced Data Engineer to join our dynamic team and contribute to the success of our data driven initiatives. As a key member of our data engineering team, this individual will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines and solutions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand data requirements and provide design of scalable and efficient data solutions.
- Support data integration efforts, ensuring data quality, reliability, and performance.
- Assist in development and implementation of data pipelines using Azure Data factory and Azure Synapse Analytics
- Working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data solution needs while assisting with data-related technical issues.
- Ingest and transform large amounts of data into formats that can be easily analyzed.
- Oversee decision making related to the customer and product master data under SLAs with business stakeholders to continually achieve and sustain highest quality of master data in core referential platforms (customer, product) and subsequent upstream/ downstream integrated systems.
- Ensure the reporting of high-quality metrics data by troubleshooting issues and working with team members and data owners to improve the timeliness and quality of data using Incident Management platforms like JIRA.
Experience / Training / Education
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field required (Masters’ a plus).
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering or related field
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- 5+ years as a Data Engineer or hands on Architect
- Proficient in SQL Programming and performance optimization
- Experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, data lake, lakehouse, and data modeling
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and dataverse is a plus.
- Knowledge of Master date management (MDM): Tibco, Collibra, Microsoft Purview
- Strong expertise with Data Governance
- Ability to provide recommendations and solutions surrounding data quality.
- Ability to lead and manage projects with cross-functional teams across the company and distributor network.
- Sits at a computer station, meeting table or work desk for more than two-thirds of each day
- Stands and walks to other stations and departments throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day
- May stoop or crouch to access files or storage
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and especially via the telephone
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; lifts 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments
The current range for this role based out of Aliso Viejo, CA is $103,100/yr to $115,600/yr.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Health and Wellness:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Annual employer HSA (Health Savings Account) funding for eligible employees who elect an HSA medical plan
- STD, LTD, Basic Life ADD coverage
- 401k + employer matching
- Free mental health resources through wayForward
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 2 Volunteer Days off per year
- Emergency evacuation time off
- 11 paid company holidays
- 1 Floating holiday to celebrate your birthday or important religious/holiday to you
- Quarterly product allowance to use towards your favorite Metagenics products!
- Product discount
- Peer to peer recognition programs more!
Learn more about how we help patient live happier and healthier lives here: https://www.metagenics.com/join-our-movement
Metagenics, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.
Click here for Metagenics’ California Data Privacy Act Disclosure