Data Engineer - NextGen QMS
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Come help us transform Lilly’s Quality Management System!
Lilly has initiated a multi-year QMS transformation program that will enable 1) simplified, standardized, and optimized QMS processes, 2) innovation and agility for unprecedented growth with new sites, modalities, and partnerships, and 3) modernization of solution infrastructure by moving to cloud-based solutions and advanced technology. The MQ Tech@Lilly Global Quality team is actively looking for a Data Engineer to join the NextGen QMS Program.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the data solutions that ensure the availability and quality of data for analysis and/or business transactions. You will design and implement efficient data storage, processing and retrieval solutions for datasets and build data pipelines, optimize database designs, and work closely with data scientists, architects, and analysts to ensure data quality and accessibility. You will be a key contributor to the Integration and Data Workstream of the NextGen QMS Program.
How You’ll Succeed:
- Partner with Lilly architects, software vendor, and third party implementation partner to develop, document, test and implement inbound and outbound interfaces with Lilly’s new e-QMS solution.
- Operate with a quality mindset always considering the impact of design decisions on the long-term support and maintenance of data pipelines/jobs.
- Enable the transformation of raw data published from e-QMS solution into datasets designed for analysis which enable organizations to unlock valuable insights for decision making.
- Ensure data integrity, security, and privacy requirements are met.
- Understand business requirements and effectively translate business needs and process into technical terms, and vice versa.
- Seek opportunities to reuse existing processes and services to streamline support and implementation of key systems.
- Stay abreast of tools and technologies to influence Tech@Lilly strategy so that it provides best usage opportunities for business.
What You Should Bring:
- A foundational set of knowledge in: communication, leadership, teamwork, problem solving skills, solution / blueprint definition, business acumen, architectural processes (e.g. blueprinting, reference architecture, governance, etc.), technical standards, perform POCs, project delivery, and industry knowledge.
- Strong skillsets in data integration, acquisition, cleansing, harmonization, and transforming data.
- Demonstrated SQL/PLSQL and data modeling proficiency.
- Experience in AWS or Azure techstack
- Experience in Informatica PowerCenter or Mulesoft or any other ETL Technologies (Ex: Python, databricks)
- Experience in building / integrating APIs
- Experience in creating data products using APIs
- Strong experience with AWS ETL/File Movement tools (GLUE, Athena, Lambda, Kenesis and other AWS integration stack) or Azure Techstack.
- Strong experience with Agile Development, Cloud formation Template, AWS CodeBuilt, AWS Code Pipeline
- Experience with security models and development on large data sets.
- Experience with multiple database solutions (e.g. Postgres, Redshift, Aurora, Athena) and formal database designs (3NF, Dimensional Models).
- Experience with Agile Development, CI/CD, Jenkins, Github, Automation platforms.
- Experience in implementing effective data loading strategy (CDC, incremental loads)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a geographically dispersed group of business and technical colleagues.
- Ability to review and provide practical recommendations on design patterns, performance considerations optimization, database versions, and database deployment strategies.
- Knowledge in data functions such as Data Governance, Master Data Management, Business Intelligence.
- Experience in moving on premises solutions into cloud and knowledge in multiple data ingestion patterns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related scientific discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in regulated environments and with internal systems quality policies and procedures
- Knowledge of GxP, Pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and automations systems
About the Organization:
Lilly IT builds and maintains capabilities using cutting edge technologies like most prominent tech companies. What differentiates Lilly IT is that we create new possibilities through tech to advance our purpose – creating medicines that make life better for people around the world, like data driven drug discovery and connected clinical trials. We hire the best technology professionals from a variety of backgrounds, so they can bring an assortment of knowledge, skills, and diverse thinking to deliver innovative solutions in every area of our business. Lilly is entering an exciting period of growth and we are committed to delivering innovative medicines to patients around the world. Lilly is investing around the world to create new state-of-the-art manufacturing site’s and continue expanding our existing facilities to created capacity required to continue with our mission. The brand-new facilities will utilize the latest technology, advanced highly integrated and automated manufacturing systems, and have a focus on minimizing the impact to our environment.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.