Healthcare Data Engineer
Allow us to introduce ourselves…
At Trinisys, we spend a lot of time with data and software. It’s challenging work, and we love it. But for each member of our team to be consistently performing at the top of their game, we pay close attention to our culture. We nurture the Trinisys work environment with equal measures of respect, open communication, hard work, and fun. That translates into schedules that encourage a work-life balance, in-house and virtual team events, and celebrating our successes together. Whether you’re local to Nashville or a member of our distributed team, we’re a close bunch and stay well-connected. The data from our 2023 employee survey stated that 100% of our employees enjoyed working with their Trinisys co-workers!
Our Mission: Empower enterprises with data automation and improved processes by providing secure, fast access to valuable information leveraging our modernization platform.
Our Vision: Be the catalyst in reshaping how data is consumed using our disruptive technologies, expertise, and relentless commitment to shared success.
Our Values: Happy, Healthy, Heart, Honest, Hardworking, Humble
Role and Responsibilities:
Our Healthcare Data Engineers extract, transform, and load healthcare data into Trinisys’s ClearView® and EPIC, Cerner, Athena, Allscripts and other EHR / EMR systems. The successful Data Engineer will possess solid SQL skills in a variety of dialects (MS, MySQL, AWS Aurora, and Oracle). Experience working with healthcare data is required, and in-depth knowledge of at least one EMR system is preferred. Additional details:
- Extract, transform, and load healthcare data to support data archiving and migrations between EHR/EMR Systems
- Analyzing client requirements, developing extraction and transformation plans, and implementing those plans
- Using your judgment to recommend alternatives when appropriate
- Working as part of an agile team, and contributing to the team on a proactive basis
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of programming and/or systems analysis experience are preferred
- Background in technologies such as client/server, relational database management systems, object-oriented and distributed object development a plus
- Strong technical skills around data access and transformation — must have the ability to write complex SQL queries firsthand
- Experience with cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, etc) is a plus
- Experience reverse engineering systems
- Superior ability to analyze and manipulate clinical data
- Ability to write technical specs and create diagrams such as data flow diagrams
- Experience with Financial/Revenue Cycle data is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Must feel comfortable communicating to groups and advocating for technical decisions
- Tenacious problem solver with a consuming curiosity, and facility with intellectual abstractions
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent and creative problem-solving skills.
Physical Demands All work is done via computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Remote
- Health insurance (12 plans)
- Liberal PTO
- Clear objectives for meeting BONUS criteria
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
- Retirement plans and planning
- Financial planning assistance
- Referral program
- Employee discounts/ Perks at Work
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Parental leave
- Professional development funds: courses, certs, etc.
- Access to 10k courses in a Learning Mgmt System
- Employee assistance program
- Many others!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.