ENGINEER, IT DATA
SPEED SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- College degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a Data Engineer or ETL Developer
- 2+ years experience in Azure environment. Ideally accomplished MS courses DP-203, AZ-104 and AZ-304
- Working knowledge of Kimball Data Warehousing, “Hitchhiker Guide to Data Lake” Best Practices and Lambda architecture.
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, Tabular semantic models, DAX, and SSIS
- Strong understanding of the following Azure BI Services: “Azure Synapse Analytics” (Synapse Pipelines; Spark 3.4, Synapse Studio)
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA data and CDS views as it relates to Data Warehousing
- Experience translating requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and short timelines
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and user focused.
- Relies on experiences and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Design and Implementation of Spark Solutions end-to-end, from Data Ingestion, Data Lake Design and ELT Design.
- Building of prototypes for PUMA Solution Architects in technological areas of Apache Spark, Synapse Pipelines, Python and Git Hub DevOps.
- Deep understanding of all technical components of Azure Synapse/Spark Landscape.
- Being the “go-to person” for junior developers as well as external consultants, assuring technical solution design is understood correctly and implemented with high quality.
- Teaching new languages to junior developers (E.g.: Pyspark and Python), supporting them to organize proper testing and creating Git Hub workflows to automate live deployments.
- Work with development and BI Teams to understand new requests, troubleshoot issues and provide timelines/estimates. Be an active participant in periodic scrums.
- Contribute to migration efforts from on-premise MS SQL Data Warehouse to Azure Cloud utilizing Data Lake, Spark, Synapse, Python and PowerBI.
- Contribute to transition of data warehouse from Legacy ERP to SAP S/4 HANA as source system.
- Strive to meet project deadlines using agile methodologies, estimating work, timely communication and sprint planning.
- Leverage the knowledge of IT systems and Business processes to bring innovation and efficiencies to the PUMA user community.
PUMA provides equal opportunities for all job applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Equality for all is one of the core principles at PUMA and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.