Data Visualization Engineer
Fidelity’s Workplace Investing unit is the leading US provider of employee benefits, offering retirement, health and welfare and stock plan services to over 20,000 employers and 23 million employees. As part of the team, the role is primarily production support with some small/medium size development of reporting applications to meet the needs of our clients and business partners, utilizing various technologies and platforms.
Do you have a passion for problem solving? If you strive to understand customer’s needs and feel compelled to resolve issues to resolution, then this is the role for you.
Our workspace encourages fresh ideas, creative thinking and rewards forward-thinking, passionate individuals. We pride ourselves on a culture that allows you to share, collaborate and be yourself in a highly dynamic and inclusive workplace.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 2-5 years IT experience with at least 2+ years working with Oracle and/or other databases in SQL or PL/SQL.
- 2+ years reporting application support is required. Experience in working with OBIEE or Tableau preferred, but experience with any other proprietary web based BI tools will be considered (e.g. Webfocus, Cognos, Clik).
- Experience with 1 or more scripting/programming languages is desirable (Linux Shell, Powershell, Python, C#, Java etc.).
- Some exposure to system administration tasks on Widows or Linux would be helpful to the applicant.
- Working knowledge of/exposure to Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) desirable.
- Experience working with customers and team members in multiple locations, including offshore, is preferred.
- You have strong application support experience, including in-depth analysis of issues.
- Tenacity and an ability to solve problems, in some cases having to think creatively in resolving root cause and resolution.
- Data Analysis – experience in researching/resolving data issues/questions.
- A great teammate, willing to help your team-mates as you take on new problems and learn from each other.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills.
You will become a member of the Workplace Investing Data Environment Reporting Support team. The most meaningful aspects of this role are:
- You will be investigating and resolving customer issues in various reporting applications/platforms.
- Administration and maintenance of application environments.
- Some development of high quality, simple and maintainable solutions to customer requirements.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.