Senior Data Engineer
As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates* – enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at www.vailresortscareers.com.
Candidates for year-round positions are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the posting date, or until the position is filled (whichever is first).
The Enterprise Data Engineering Team at Vail Resorts is on a journey to redefine how data is ingested, modeled, and surfaced to our key stakeholders across the enterprise. This team is at the forefront of creating a modern data estate on which the foundation of our core businesses will operate.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Senior Data Engineer to become an important part of our fast-paced, high-energy, and innovative culture. The ideal candidate will have experience in Azure, Databricks, ETL processes, Python, SQL, Jira and Github. In addition to these skills, the candidate should also have experience in data lake house architecture, data modeling and migration from on-premise enterprise data warehousing to data lake.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing data pipelines that are scalable, reliable, and efficient. You will work closely with analytics teams, data scientist and other stakeholders to understand their requirements and design solutions that meet their needs.
- Outlet: Corporate
- Expected Pay Range: $99,900 - $135,120 + annual bonus
- Shift Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round
- Other Specifics: Remote
- Design and implement data pipelines using Azure and Databricks.
- Develop ETL/ELT processes to extract load data into Databricks Lakehouse using PySpark/Python/Scala and Delta Live Tables.
- Experience orchestrating and monitoring workflows.
- Work with data scientists/data analysts to understand their requirements and design solutions that meet their needs.
- Develop and maintain Python scripts to automate data processing tasks.
- Write complex SQL queries.
- Optimize database performance by tuning queries and indexes.
- Monitor database performance and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Experience with Azure and Databricks.
- Strong knowledge of ETL processes.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Jira and Github.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with Jira and Github.
- Experience in data lake house architecture.
- Experience ingesting data from Event Hubs is a plus.
- Experience in data modeling is a plus. Experience in migration from on-premise enterprise data warehousing to data lake.
The expected Total Compensation for this role is $99,900 - $135,120 + annual bonus. Individual compensation decisions are based on a variety of factors.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, ADD, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Please note that the ability to work remotely, and the particulars related to such work, are subject to change at any time; and, accordingly, the Company reserves the right to change its policies and/or require in-person/in-office work at any time in its sole discretion.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 498620
Reference Date: 10/18/2023
Job Code Function: Information Systems