BI Analytics Engineer - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The BI Analytics Engineer will help create new Reports and Dashboards, has an understanding of data, IT analysis and organization and the ability to understand the technical manifestation of business concepts, especially related to payer operation, reporting and analytics.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Extract, analyze, aggregate, and interpret data with In-depth knowledge of ETL, OLAP and OLTP concepts
- Perform quantitative analysis of health care claims utilization and cost data
- Develop, review, and analyze detailed data sets leveraged for client reporting/analytics. Using Warehouse data, generate reports to support business decision-making and business performance monitoring
- Assist with transitioning existing reports to modern data platforms
- Build dashboards and reports from scratch and also repoint them to newer data sources
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures and identify future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities
- Follow Agile software development lifecycle
- Quality Assurance, ensuring strict data quality
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to one year of experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Data Analysis, ETL, Reporting, Business Intelligence including source data analysis, profiling, and reporting
- 5+ years of experience in design, development and/or implementation of sizeable BI/Analytics solutions for healthcare analytics
- 5+ years of experience with SAS Reporting and ETL
- 5+ years of experience in writing SQLs
- 3+ years of experience with migrating reports and ETLs from Microstrategy and SAS from legacy databases like Hive, Oracle to Snowflake
- 3+ years of experience in Snowflake
- Very well versed with Microstrategy reporting, with ability to Develop, Re-point, change reports as needed
- Solid hands-on and in-depth understanding on DWH/BI/Analytics concepts and proficient in Data Visualization
- Able to study, analyze and understand business requirements in context to business intelligence
- Exposure (1+years) to Python and /or Azure machine learning
- Proficient in cloud technologies and exposure to Azure implementation
- All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California/Colorado/Connecticut/Hawaii/Nevada/New Jersey/New York/Rhode Island/Washington residents is $88,000 to $173,200 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.