Senior Engineer (Back-End)
Culver City, CA
$150,000 - $180,000 / Year
Junior, Senior level
We are looking for a proven Senior Engineer to guide ingestion of a variety of large healthcare datasets, development of our API-based offerings and application. This is a "do-er" role – you will make foundational architectural decisions for our software stack and set the direction for the engineering team. You will be spending most of your time writing code, and focusing on solving the toughest and most impactful problems. The Senior Engineer will report to and work closely with the Chief Technology Officer.
- Set technical direction for ingesting and storing healthcare data
- Set technical direction for our APIs and applications
- Manage and schedule deliverables for the software team
- Be highly technical and hands-on, able to make significant code contributions
- Mentor junior software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent non-conventional educational background
- Strong system design fundamentals
- 5+ years of industry experience with proven ability to rapidly ship high-quality software
- Experience with SQL, database management, and cloud services (i.e. Azure, AWS)
- Effective mentor who creates a positive engineering culture
- Team player with the ability to work effectively in a hybrid-remote environment
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with / previous experience with healthcare pricing data
- Experience managing engineering teams
- Experience with AWS, Ruby on Rails, React, Pandas, and/or Apache Spark
- Experience with designing secure software, including HIPAA and SOC2 compliant systems
The base salary for this position ranges from $150K - $180K, depending on your location, experience, and market conditions. In addition, you'll receive:
- Company equity
- Generous health benefits and 401K matching
- Flexible paid vacation, parental and medical leave
- Sunny office in the heart of Downtown Culver City
Culver City, CA
This position offers a hybrid work model, allowing flexibility with 2 days of remote work and 3 days in-person at our Culver City office. Embracing the best of both worlds, this setup promotes collaboration and innovation while providing the convenience of a remote work environment.
Exceptional candidates residing outside the Culver City area will also be considered for a fully remote arrangement, although our preference is for team members to be based in or relocate to be able to join us in our Culver City office. We believe in the value of in-person collaboration, but we recognize and welcome extraordinary talent that may not be locally based.
About Handl Health:
Handl Health is building the next generation of health insurance for employers by making healthcare costs transparent. In the wake of the Transparency in Coverage Rule, CURES Act and others, we believe the healthcare industry is on the cusp of a massive shift. And we want you to be a part of it.
Our co-founders had successful careers in a diverse set of domains: clinical care, data strategy, and FAANG. We are a Seed Startup backed by the best in the business - Mucker Capital, Everywhere VC, Tau Ventures, Techstars and the NIH through the Small Business Innovation Research program (SBIR). We’re a team that feels like a family, and we’re motivated by our collective vision to make healthcare more affordable.
$150,000 - $180,000 per year
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago