Senior C++ Software Development Engineer
Seeking a Software Development Engineer (C++) for an energy related client in South Houston / Missouri City area.
- Base $100k - $135k DOE, 15% bonus opportunity and excellent benefits
- IN OFFICE ROLE
- CANDIDATES MUST BE US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD ONLY
Produce, debug, and implement functional software solutions and work with management to define software requirements. Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC). Work with internal field service teams to identify and solve issues related to software systems and help collect needed software improvements.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal users to improve products
- Clearly document project requirements, develop project proposals, assist in developing use manuals and any other technical information
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role with designing, programming, debugging, testing, and supporting multiple product lines.
- Experience with selected programming languages (C and C++)
- In-depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- Familiarity with version control system (Git/Bitbucket)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
- Excellent organizational skills
About the Company:
Solstice Consulting Group