Senior Principal Cloud Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Senior Principal Cloud Engineer for the SAIC Cloud One Digital Engineering Team. This team is responsible for the architecture, engineering and sustainment of AF Cloud Digital Engineering platform
currently deployed on AWS Cloud. Work can be performed remotely in the United States. This work supports the Cloud One Digital Engineering program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serves the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government's efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF operations.
This position is 100% remote.
- Interim Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain Secret clearance required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- AWS Cloud Certification with experience as AWS Cloud Engineer
- Security + or equivalent certification
Required Experience and Skills:
- Nine (9) years or more work experience
- Demonstrated experience with: AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, and Guacamole
- Experience working with DevSecOps tool chains
- Proven experience containerizing applications
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Hands-on expertise establishing and maintaining SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Experience preparing technical documentation
- Experience working in a team environment with the ability to mentor junior team members
- Experience with Zero trust architectures
- Experience with AWS Workspaces or experience deploying VDI solutions to AWS Cloud
- AF Cloud One or Platform 1 development, engineering, operations and sustainment
- Experience installing DE tools including Cameo, 3D Experience, DOORS, SPARX, MathWorks, and AFSIM
- In-depth understanding of, and experience as a cloud engineer with AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Barracuda
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.