SAIC is seeking Computer Science/engineering graduates to join our team as a software engineers. This is your opportunity have a rewarding career participating, learning and developing an invaluable skillset in the technology industry, while providing meaningful contributions to our DoD customers. You must be a hard-working, sharp individual with a passion for software development, a positive attitude, and an intense desire to learn.
This is a full-time remote job that can be worked anywhere within the US.
As a Developer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, code, test, debug, document and install programs
- Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts
- Develop programs in languages, Tools and Databases such as Java, Java Script, PHP, SQL Server
- Understand business, technical, and program requirements
- Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems, taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle
- Supply time estimates related to programming efforts
- Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
- Test, debug, support and maintain application programs for customers in a variety of business areas and environments
- Perform additional duties as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret clearance before start date.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Knowledge of and experienced in one or more programming languages (Java, Java Script, .NET, PHP, SQL Server)
- SQL – scripting, writing queries, basic knowledge and familiarity
- TFS and/or Jira/Confluence knowledge and use
- Knowledge of software design and implementation
- Knowledge of relational database principles and/or experience in database design, ability to create simple and complex queries
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development lifecycle
- Ability to explain complex technical terms and systems to others
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement in process and standards for the entire team
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative and able to give/receive critical feedback
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
- Solid ability to take ownership and initiative
- JQuery, HTML, Hibernate experience
- Understanding of test methodology, QA process and the SDLC, understanding of how QA is performed within such a project
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.