Azure Cloud Developer
Location and Travel Details: Remote
Illumination Works is looking for an Azure Cloud Developer to provide advanced and cross-technology engineering through all phases of the technology/project lifecycle. In this role, you will be accountable for the overall systems infrastructure including engineering, implementation and integration, and technical services and support. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining cloud-based applications, monitoring performance to proactively identify potential issues and tune appropriately as well as mentoring and coaching others to establish and improve processes and procedures.
The key responsibilities of an Azure Cloud Developer include:
- Design and implement overall infrastructure components per project with infrastructure and development teams, ensuring the overall solution is designed to meet SLA, DR, monitoring, security, cost and scalability needs required by the solution
- Generate scripts/templates required for the automated provisioning of resources in the cloud
- Debug technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, and serverless components
- Establish Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery Pipelines including supporting Security Scans
- Build and deploy applications on cloud platforms
- Leverage cloud services to build scalable and efficient software solutions
- Support and maintain infrastructure solutions utilizing required tools and technologies
Do you have what it takes? Are you driven to implement creative solutions that unravel complex and ever-changing challenges? We value passion, curiosity, and perseverance with an ability to communicate ideas and results to diverse audiences. We look for people who thrive in collaborative and independent assignments, have the aptitude to learn new data quickly, and who are willing to mentor junior team members.
Key skills we look for include:
- Must have 5 years cloud experience, with a minimum of 2+ years as a cloud engineer with Azure including Azure Functions and Azure Kubernetes
- Proficient in programming languages and frameworks, such as Python and Java
- Experience with designing, developing, and deploying applications on cloud platforms
- Experience implementing and leveraging cloud services to build scalable and efficient software solutions
- Experience with networking in the cloud to include network security groups, user defined routes, application gateways, and load balancers
- Experience with Kubernetes Service configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of PKI to include generating certificate requests, provisioning certificates in PKCS7 and PKCS12 formats, configuring CA bundles and Windows certificate repositories, generating self-signed certificates, and troubleshooting PKI-related errors and issues with cloud resources
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or comparable academic discipline
- Must have or be willing to obtain Secret Clearance (this requires US citizenship)
- Experience with Azure Government or CloudOne desirable
- Acceptable candidates must successfully pass a drug test and background screen
A little more about us. At Illumination Works, we know data, and we should, we’ve been doing it since we started in 2006! We specialize in everything data from big data to data science, software engineering, data management, AR/IoT, and cloud development. Illumination Works is a trusted technology partner in user-centered digital transformation—delivering impactful business results to clients. We partner with customers to solve their unique technology and data challenges, and stay on top of modern technologies and advancements leveraging our Innovation Lab.
Why choose us? We invest in our employees in all aspects of their life, and we value family. We offer market competitive salary, a generous PTO package, and comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. We also offer 401K, short/long-term disability insurance, a fun and engaging culture, and training opportunities to keep you up to speed on the latest technologies.
Illumination Works is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Acceptable candidates must successfully pass a drug test and background screen.