dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help us build out critical infrastructure components and tools that enable our product engineering teams to build solutions. The Infrastructure team works on expanding the cloud platforms, automations, and features that are offered to Enterprise customers while improving the reliability, performance, and accessibility of Core Infrastructure.
You can expect to:
- Integrate with a high powered engineering team where you will contribute to company goals while growing your technical skillset!
- Leverage tools/languages such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Helm, Python, Bash, ArgoCD
- Work closely with engineering and product to understand and drive sustained infrastructure growth - and partner with dedicated Release Engineering, SRE, and Security teams
- Work on strategic scaling and automation initiatives across multiple cloud platforms (AWS and Azure)
- Participate in a balanced on-call rotation with the support of Senior Engineers - in an environment that emphasizes continuous improvement
- Have 2-5 years combined experience as a Software, DevOps, Infrastructure or Cloud Engineer OR
- Minimum requirement of Bachelors degree in related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.) OR
- Completed enrollment in engineering related bootcamp
You are a good fit if you:
- Are interested in and have worked with some combination of Terraform, AWS and Kubernetes
- Have some experience programming\scripting in Python, Bash, Golang, or similar languages
- Have the ability to break down complex technical concepts and communicate them to stakeholders
- Have a creative attitude towards problem solving, and enjoy working with other Infrastructure Engineers and with developers to help them get past roadblocks
- Agility and tolerance for the discovery and ambiguity that can come from working in a high-growth environment
You'll have an edge if you:
- Have experience managing multiple ongoing projects at once
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have previously supported production containerized workloads in a major public cloud for a SaaS product
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $130,000-$160,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits - dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
What to expect in the hiring process:
- An introductory call with a member of our People Ops team
- A technical screen and meeting with our Engineering Manager
- A panel interview including multiple members of the Engineering Team
- A final interview with the Director of Infrastructure
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 33,000 companies using dbt every week, 100,000 practitioners in the dbt Community, and 3,850 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page\.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.