Technology Specialist Azure - Infrastructure
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Own technical discussions for Azure Migration with customers leveraging processes and tools, demos, and programs; use consultative and/or Challenger method; establish rules of engagement (e.g., role boundaries, handoff strategies) for extended teams.
- Build strategy: map the agreed customer vision into a strategy, resolve concerns, preventing, and removing technical blockers, and validating a strong business case for investment and translated technology complexity into business impact. Work with the customer, account team, and partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
- Drive technical assessments to create a map of the current landscape and to build the technical migration plans, thus building a solid migration business case.
- Design the solution using your technical knowledge, architectural approach, consultancy skills and our methodology to win a customer’s technical decision and meet the customer’s needs. Ensure technical decision makers agree with proposed architecture and on the migration plan. Drive POCs and MVPs.
- Scale through partners, acting as liaison between the partner and account team, facilitating partner resources and processes; supporting partner technical capacity by identifying skill and resource gaps and providing feedback to internal teams.
- Be the Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with the Engineering team to remove key blockers and drive product improvements.
- Identify and support the creation of new pipeline within customer engagements in collaboration with the Specialist.
Scale Customer Engagements
- Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently.
- Uses knowledge of customer context, solution or portfolio expertise, and technical and industry knowledge to build credibility with customers.
- Leads and ensures technical wins for core and adjacent technologies by leading technical discussions with customers and establishing rules of engagement (e.g., role boundaries, handoff strategies) for extended teams, leveraging knowledge of processes (e.g., Managed Service Provider [MSP], Managed Certified Professional [MCP]), tools, and programs (e.g., FastTrack, End Customer Investment Funds [ECIFs]). Searches for customer references to use in engagements.
- Leverages foundational knowledge of resources (e.g., roles, Microsoft Technology Center [MTC], demo sites, virtual sites, Value Based Delivery [VBD], Customer Success Unit [CSU]) and proactively engages product teams (e.g., engineering) to remediate blockers by conveying impact.
Leverage Partner Ecosystem
- Engages in partner sell-with scenarios by acting as liaison between the partner and team and facilitating partner resources and processes throughout the course of the project.
- Supports partner technical capacity by identifying skill and resource gaps and providing feedback to internal teams (e.g., Global Partner Solutions).
- Captures core competitive knowledge and delivers back to product and engineering teams to enhance team capabilities and develop compete strategies for assigned customers.
- Provides strategic, technical, and partner input based on Microsoft capability at the account level to contribute to strategy development, leveraging partner, competitor, or open-source knowledge.
- Works with account and marketing teams to shape strategic win and customer success plans and tailor Microsoft messaging to audience using knowledge of customer feedback, specific Microsoft solutions, and their context in a competitive landscape. Where applicable, builds consumption plans with Partner and Industry Solutions Delivery teams after customer sign-off.
Solution Design and Proof
- Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations (e.g., architectural design sessions, and proof of concept [POC] sessions) of products, services, and integration through initial engagements. Leverages partner/customer teams as needed to prove capabilities and integration into customer environment.
- Presents and applies architecture patterns to partners or customers and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft Solutions.
- Applies sales methodologies (e.g., challenger sales) and coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer business needs.
- Builds their own readiness plan and proactively identifies learning gaps. Grows domain knowledge and practices expertise by communicating with customers, partners, and senior colleagues to expand knowledge of architecture.
- Demonstrates new and updated products to increase internal virtual teams' understanding of solutions and new opportunities.
- Monitors and responds to internal tech community posts, attends community calls, sessions, hackathons, etc., and acts as a mentor for their technology area.
- Embody our culture and values
- 3+ years technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience, migrating Infrastuctures to Cloud.
- Strong experience on technical discussions with customers on Cloud Migration
- Fluent in English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.