Montrose Environmental Group, Inc.
$190,000 - $220,000 / Year
Junior, Senior level
Are you passionate about joining an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and delivering value? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting career opportunity!
We are looking for a high-impact, well-rounded Infrastructure Director who will be responsible for collaborating with users, consultants, technical teams, and vendors to understand the end user’s needs and to determine the appropriate network, hardware, or application design. This is a remote role, with a preference for Orange County, CA.
Who are we? We are Montrose, a global environmental services provider offering environmental planning and permitting, measurement and analytical services, and environmental resiliency and sustainability solutions. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates, and policy experts are proud of our collective expertise and the collaborative nature of our approach to helping clients. We strive to optimize environmental resiliency in a way that effectively complements our clients’ decision-making and operations and efficiently fulfills their project requirements.
We have over 80 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia and are approaching 3,500 employees – all ready to provide solutions for environmental needs.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
- Mentorship and professional development resources to advance your career
- Direct exposure to our industry’s leading experts who are solving the world’s toughest environmental challenges
- An entrepreneurial environment where you can learn, thrive and collaborate with talented colleagues
- Opportunities to engage and contribute in our Diversity, Fairness and Inclusion and Women Empowering Leadership employee resource groups
- Competitive compensation package: annual salary ranging from $190,000 to $220,000, commensurate with accomplishments, performance, credentials and geography
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401k with a competitive 4% employer match
- Progressive vacation policies, company holidays and paid parental leave benefits to ensure work/life balance
- A financial assistance program that supports peers in need, known as the Montrose Foundation
- Access to a student loan planning tool to optimize your student loan payoff plans and compare student loan rates with lenders.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
In this role, you will oversee the engineering, maintaining, and documenting network infrastructure, servers, SAN/NAS shared storage, hypervisors, etc. In addition, this person will play a key role in IT projects and strategic initiatives in partnership with the broader IT Leadership team.
Reporting to the CIO, you will partner with our Information Security and IT Support teams to continuously improve our infrastructure. You will be joining a fast-moving organization with executives who are hands-on, a strong sense of mission, and a culture of innovation, problem-solving, and client satisfaction. In this role, you will be a core part of MEG’s future success.
Specific responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee teams by translating business plans into action items, ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; delegating tasks to meet goals and objectives, identifying and addressing improvement opportunities, removing obstacles that impact performance, and guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly
- Lead the development and execution of LAN and WAN configurations based on user needs
- Designs proposed network systems, indicating placement and layout of hardware and peripheral devices including hubs, routers, and other equipment.
- Collaborates with the network administrator to review and analyze hardware needs; recommends changes.
- Oversee the network design, revision, implementation, and refinement process.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and new technology related to networking infrastructure.
- Manage the review and implementation of recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs
- Manage cloud PaaS (such as Azure and AWS) and SaaS (such as O365 and GSuite).
- Provides insight into recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs
- Manages processes to ensure the proper documentation and review of technical specifications
- Drive day-to-day execution of the IT integration process, including mentoring cross-functional IT teams, leading the weekly IT integration team meetings, and driving proactive issue resolution
- Align with internal and external business leaders on all IT aspects and requirements, to ensure a smooth integration
- Manage and align IT teams, vendors and budgets across multiple geographies, related to MA and projects
- Support other IT strategic projects and initiatives as needed
YOUR EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10+ experience in network maintenance and support
- Proven experience with leading IT Infrastructure projects (both domestic and global preferred) on time and within budget
- Proven hands-on experience (and mindset) at rapidly growing and evolving organization(s)
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of technical non-technical staff, motivating and influencing their behavior and project work
- Demonstrated ability to both drive for results and lead through collaboration, influencing others to achieve outcomes
- Strong understanding of virtualization, Network, storage, backups, and database systems
- Strong documentation skills with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Excellent understanding of existing network programs and capabilities.
- Strategic, innovative, and collaborative problem-solver
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- A+, Network+, and/or similar certifications highly preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or
MAKE THE MOVE TO ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
We are going to be blunt – the way we work may not suit everyone. We are a fast-paced, dynamic and high-growth company. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues and service providers. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, and head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about us? Visit
montrose-env.comand have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago