INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE
Remote options available.
The incumbent will be part of a highly skilled technical team that includes other application developers, business analysts, project managers, and consultants. The incumbent is expected to perform basic programming and analysis tasks independently and participate with other technical staff on complex technical projects. The incumbent should be motivated to learn new technologies and business functions, be able to adjust to changing circumstances, communicate effectively, and provide valuable customer service to end-users.
The incumbent will primarily work in the Software Engineering and Client Services Domains.
Take a 2-minute survey to tell us why you applied for HCAI! - https://forms.office.com/g/B6eXh2NKpZ
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
Remote Work is available with only 1-2 days per month of physical presence in the office required. When physical presence is required, employees are responsible for travel expenses to their office site. Additional Hybrid Telework and Alternative Work Week Schedules are also available.
Minimum RequirementsYou will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE
- Job Application Package Checklist
- Duty Statement
At HCAI’s Office of Information Services, we shape conversations and generate impactful insights about California’s healthcare landscape from data submitted to us by hospitals, health plans, prescription drug manufacturers, and California’s health care workforce. These conversations and insights inform policymakers, researchers, community leaders, and the broader health care industry regarding topics such as health care cost transparency, the total cost of care, and health outcomes. Our mission is to expand equitable access to quality, affordable health care for all Californians. Join a dynamic team of technology enthusiasts implementing and maintaining innovative solutions to meet the Department's needs.
HCAI demonstrates a commitment to building an inclusive work environment that promotes diversity, where employees are appreciated, and comfortable as their authentic selves. We value our employees’ skills, experience, and unique perspectives because they enrich our workforce and make us stronger. We embrace and support a culture providing equitable opportunities which empowers health care access and information serving diverse CA populations.
Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by the Final Filing Date in order to be considered. Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.Final Filing Date: 1/23/2024
Who May Apply
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected to move forward in the selection process. Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications stated in the Classification Specification(s).
How To Apply
Address for Mailing Application Packages
You may submit your application and any applicable or required documents to:
Address for Drop-Off Application Packages
You may drop off your application and any applicable or required documents at:
Required Application Package Documents
The following items are required to be submitted with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is required and must be included.
- Other - Unofficial transcripts must be included if qualifying under an education pattern of the minimum qualifications. If selected, official transcripts will be required upon appointment.
- Other - A completed Supplemental Questionnaire is required to apply for this position. Applications submitted without a completed Supplemental Questionnaire will not be considered for the position.
The Supplemental Questionnaire is a separate document that must:
- Include your Name and Job Control number at the top.
- Be no more than one page.
- Clearly answer the following questions:
1. Describe your experience configuring or working with the following Microsoft tools: Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Automate, and/or Power Apps.
3. Describe your experience providing end-user support of a solution or technology you were responsible for.
- Development experience (educational or professional) in Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, or SharePoint.
- Professional experience working on a help desk, triaging and resolving support tickets.
- Professional experience working on a IT system implementation project.
- Familiarity with code repositories and managed releases through pipelines.
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle or other software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with application development security best practices.
- Familiarity with application development accessibility best practices.
To learn more about benefits for State employees, visit the Salary and Benefits page on the CalHR website.
HCAI is housed in a state-of-the-art building outside of downtown off Interstate-5. Enjoy a great work environment with many amenities, including FREE PARKING and fully equipped pay-per-charge electric vehicle charging stations. HCAI is close to many dining and shopping choices.
The Human Resources Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position or application process.
Human Resources Contact:
Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department's EEO Office.EEO Contact:
California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2929 (TTY), 1-800-735-2922 (Voice) TTY is a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf, and is reachable only from phones equipped with a TTY Device.
Additional Application Requirements
If you are meeting Minimum Qualifications with education, you MUST include a copy of your unofficial transcripts and/or license for verification. Example: if you are applying for a Staff Services Analyst position based on your Bachelor’s degree, you must attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts showing the conferred date of the degree you obtained. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon appointment. Applicants who fail to provide this information shall be disqualified.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.