Remote C++ Developer
Software Engineer (REMOTE)
Actalent helps develop software for tractors and construction equipment for the agriculture and construction/mining industries.
- This team is responsible for the electronic displays and guidance systems for the tractor. This system controls many elements of the tractor including the implements connected to the back of the tractor and also controls many portions of the auto guidance autonomous functions
- The specific project that this team will be working on is setting up the foundation for the display to be changed over from an Android/Java based display to a QT/QML, C++, Linux Display.
- Much of the work will be designing QT framework and then designing the QT display screens. A portion of the work is re-coding to C++ and other portion is re-architecting to C++. Much of the middle layers of the application have to be redefined and redeveloped (from business logic to UI).
- They are looking for Software engineers that can do object oriented and multithreaded embedded application development.
- Work with Senior Engineers to establish goals for week
- UI Development in QT and some QML
- Design display and guidance systems in C++
- Interface with Systems Engineers on refinement of requirements and solutions
- Will be designing new feature sets for the platform.
- Help with Linux Device development
- Will perform unit-tests on code for bugs
- Utilize networking for communication with the vehicle (CAN, LIN, etc)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of embedded application development experience
- Strong UI development experience
- QT is a must
- QML is a plus
- Good C++ skills
- Java is a plus
- Experience with object oriented and multithreaded systems is a must
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Experience with SQL, Postgres, PostgreSQL, is a plus
- Experience with communication protocols / networking like CAN, LIN, RS-232, RS-484, ethernet, USB, etc.
- GIT is a plus
PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision included.Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
- Hiring diverse talent
- Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
- Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
- Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.About Actalent
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.
About the Company: