Senior Data Engineer
Why Charlie Health?
Young people across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken hold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our young people are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to young people and families in crisis. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program, which places peers with similar mental health experiences and goals into customized virtual groups. Our team of masters-level clinicians lead groups multiple times per week to deliver a higher level of care.
Our goal is to help young people and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every young person—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About the Role
The data team at Charlie Health services all parts of our business by sourcing, curating, and activating internally and externally sourced datasets. As a software engineer on the data team, you will be responsible for building ELT pipelines, developing custom DAGs, transforming and warehousing data with DBT, and building integrations between our systems.
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of the mental health crisis and play a formative role in providing life-saving solutions. We are looking for a candidate who is inspired by our mission and excited by the opportunity to build a business that will impact millions of lives in a profound way.
Duties Essential Job Functions
- Develop, release, and maintain high quality data pipelines using Python, FiveTran, DBT, and Snowflake
- Own and guide the development of our data infrastructure
- Develop custom integrations using Dagster
- Configure reverse ETL integrations using Hightouch
- Identify bottlenecks and implement improvements to our data engineering processes, tools, and procedures. We're early and the expectation of folks joining at this stage is that you'll play a huge part in setting and improving how we work
- Promote a culture of collaboration and learning across engineering, product, and design team via mentoring, documentation, presentations, or other knowledge-sharing methods
- Ensure our data is always available by participating in our on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, with at least 3 years of experience in a data engineering role
- Deep expertise in SQL. You understand CTEs, aggregation functions, window functions, partitioning and clustering approaches to run correct and highly-performant queries
- High proficiency in Python and experience using common data engineering libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, and Great Expectations
- Experience with a modern data stack. Experience with our tools - FiveTran, Snowflake, DBT, Dagster, Hightouch, and Tableau - is a big plus
- Experience with data exploration, profiling, governance, visualization, and activation
- Proven ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Experience working with sensitive data in a regulated environment
- Expertise in healthcare is a plus #LI-Remote
- Please note: candidates located within 75 minutes' commuting distance of our NYC office must abide by our hybrid policy (4 days in office, 1 day remote)
Charlie Health does not provide visa sponsorship.
Charlie Health is pleased to offer comprehensive benefits to all full-time, exempt employees. Read more about our benefits here.
Note to Colorado applicants: applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
So—what do you think?
If you've made it this far, well, we're excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have young people to save. There's no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We're hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.
Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
Please be cautious of potential recruitment fraud. If you are interested in exploring opportunities at Charlie Health, please go directly to our Careers Page: https://www.charliehealth.com/careers/current-openings. Charlie Health will never ask you to pay a fee or download software as part of the interview process with our company. In addition, Charlie Health will not ask for your personal banking information until you have signed an offer of employment and completed onboarding paperwork that is provided by our People Operations team. All communications with Charlie Health Talent and People Operations professionals will only be sent from @charliehealth.com email addresses. Legitimate emails will never originate from gmail.com, yahoo.com, or other commercial email services.
Recruiting agencies, please do not submit unsolicited referrals for this or any open role. We have a roster of agencies with whom we partner, and we will not pay any fee associated with unsolicited referrals.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all young people.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.