Data Engineer (AWS) Sc5562
Nisum is a leading global digital commerce firm headquartered in California, with services spanning digital strategy and transformation, insights and analytics, blockchain, business agility, and custom software development. Founded in 2000 with the customer-centric motto “Building Success Together®,” Nisum has grown to over 1,800 professionals across the United States, Chile,Colombia, India, Pakistan and Canada. A preferred advisor to leading Fortune 500 brands, Nisum enables clients to achieve direct business growth by building the advanced technology they need to reach end customers in today’s world, with immersive and seamless experiences across digital and physical channels.
What challenges can you expect to face as a Data Engineer?
- Understand how to Install, configure, monitor and maintain databases in the production, development, testing environments
- Working with cloud vendors like AWS or GCP
- Working with cloud distributed file systems, data lakes, and data warehouses
- Creating data pipelines to help with Internal and External analytics users
- Define and implement database schemas and configurations working with our development teams
- Optimize database performance by identifying and resolving application bottlenecks, tuning of DB queries, implementation of stored procedures, conducting performance tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Work with and lead development team design and implement reporting capabilities
- Implement solutions for database performance monitoring and tuning
- Recommend operational efficiencies, eliminate duplicate work efforts and remove unnecessary complexities; create and implement new procedures and workflows
- Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies
- Utilize an understanding of Agile management to help the team with all release and configuration related tasks around software builds into preproduction and production environments.
To be successful in this role, we hope you have the following skills and experience:
- You must reside in Latam
- Knowledge of architectural database design skills
- Experience using SQL, NoSQL and Graph Databases
- Must have experience with AWS (other cloud providers are a plus)
- Scripting experience with Python or Bash required.
- Expertise with SQL.
- Have an understanding of data architecture.
- Deep Experience across different database platforms and tools such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Deep Experience designing and building data lake and data warehouse solutions
- Linux Server basic hands-on admin experience.
- Experience with Monitoring/Alert planning for data services.
- Experience with highly available database technologies like clustering, replication, mirroring, etc.
- Knowledge of administration, replication, backup and restore of relational databases
- Experience with data tools like Jupyter
- Experience in Clinical Trials and/or life science industry
- Experience with operational efficiency improvement initiatives
- Experience with CSV (Computer Systems Validation)
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence is a plus
We expect you to
- Thrive in fast-paced, agile environments, and able to learn new areas quickly
- Broad knowledge of common infrastructure technologies such as web servers, load balancers, etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications.
- Solid understanding of load balancing and high volume, high availability environments
- Knowledge of SDLC and project management methodologies (JIRA experience is a plus)
- Able to analyze and review current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement and cost savings
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic with good time management with the ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Experience using both SQL, NoSQL and Graph Databases
- Experienced in automation and automation tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Amazon: RDS, Aurora, Athena, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, Neptune,
- Experience programming in Python.
¿What can we offer you?
- Belong to an international and multicultural company that supports diversity.
- Be part of international projects with a presence in North America, Pakistan, India and Latam.
- Work environment with extensive experience in remote and distributed work, using agile methodologies.
- Culture of constant learning and development in current technologies.
- Pleasant and collaborative environment, with a focus on teamwork.
- Access to learning platforms, Google Cloud certifications, Databricks, Tech Talks, etc.
- Being part of various initiatives and continuous participation in internal and external activities of innovation, hackathon, technology, agility, talks, webinars, well-being and culture with the possibility not only to participate but also to be an exhibitor.
- In case you reside in Chile or Colombia you will also have access to several benefits related to our centers :)!
Nisum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago