Founded in 1999 in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee, Cadre5 provides innovative technical solutions to our customers locally and nationally. Our Cadre5 Lab Partners division has partnered with the Information Technology Services Directorate (ITSD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) to recruit a qualified Metadata Technologist. Working within the RD Systems Engineering Group, you will work with sponsors and researchers to implement and maintain data and metadata repositories in a research environment. These repositories are meant to be user-centered (in both metadata ingestion and creation) and aid in the discoverability of information resources held both locally and globally. This role will also help explore new metadata best practices to expand discoverability of research data.
ORNL delivers scientific discoveries and technical breakthroughs needed to realize solutions in energy and national security and provides economic benefit to the nation. This premier research institution located near Knoxville in Oak Ridge, TN, addresses national needs through impactful research and world-leading research centers.
This is a full-time, permanent position that can telecommute.
- Working with highly talented team members
- Paid over-time
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Excellent medical insurance, up to 100% paid by employer and contributions to HSA Plans
- Lead iterative, continuous development of new programs and tools for metadata management.
- Analysis and evaluation of metadata quality
- Create mappings for various metadata formats and metadata sources.
- Active participation in new metadata initiatives
- Basic understanding of data and metadata management concepts
- Basic understanding of information science concepts (e.g., knowledge management, discoverability, etc.)
- Experience with content management systems and collaboration tools
- Strong background in IT concepts including security, infrastructure, and information systems.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate technical/complex information to technical and non-technical audiences across an array of multimedia types.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a group.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance is required. This requires US Citizenship.
- Experience with implementation and management of data and metadata repository platforms such as Invenio, OpenMetadata, DKAN, etc.
- Experience with front-end web programming languages and frameworks
- 2+ years’ experience with research data and data management
- 2+ years’ experience with metadata schemas such as DCAT and/or DataCite
- Master’s degree in information science, information systems, or closely related field, or 4+ years of experience in a relevant field
Cadre5 offers excellent pay and benefits, to include full medical, dental, and vision coverage coupled with 401K match, 15 days PTO, and 10 holidays.
Cadre5 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. Cadre5 is an E-Verify Employer.
30+ days ago
Last updated 30+ days ago