Data Warehouse Engineer I | Remote
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender that focuses on creating solutions for our borrowers, partners, and employees—to provide the very best experience. We are genuine and hard-working individuals who are not scared to improve and intentionally push beyond what is considered “good enough.”
Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
The Data Warehouse Engineer I is responsible for running and maintaining manual data extraction and load processes at scheduled times throughout the day and running processes in defined orders after dependent processes are completed. This will include ensuring all data is loaded through data quality checks and ensuring errors are recorded, communicated and brought to resolution through collaboration with other engineers and stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Follow established documented procedures to import and export data from or to multiple sources
- Run documented data quality checks on data to ensure accuracy. Identify, communicate and remedy any data anomalies as needed
- Collaborate with an experienced team of engineers to assist in understanding and finding the best solution for data anomalies
- Identify trends in process/data issues and highlight these to explore opportunities for improvement in reliability and error handling
- Identify ways to modify processes to reduce manual time required to run and/or to reduce waiting time for stakeholders to receive data
- Assist with documenting and planning new processes and procedures as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years experience in a Business Intelligence or data management/analyst position required.
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple ‘flavors’ of SQL DBMSs.
- Experience with Python and/or VBS is a plus.
- Understanding of database systems and ability to create, modify and run stored procedures and queries in a SQL environment.
- You pride yourself on understanding projects top to bottom.
- You’re comfortable working in a team where each of us has a huge impact and we depend on each other to get things done.
- You love having agency in your work and finding new ways to be better. Learning, creation, change and thoughtful debate are things you enjoy.
- You communicate well whether you’re documenting a data anomaly, explaining the impact of a data issue to the stakeholder, explaining a solution design to your colleagues, or patiently helping a user.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision
- Great compensation package
- Opportunity for career growth
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader - we are aiming for the top!
- Octane, our engineered proprietary technology that is transforming the mortgage industry
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters
- Full Benefits, beginning the first day of the month following your start date, including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, and much more
- Generous paid time off package that also includes all major holidays
- 401K w/ 50% match - Beginning the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment