Lightology is the largest contemporary lighting showroom and website in North America. Our goal is to educate our customers on the intricacies of lighting design. And with this knowledge, our customers come to appreciate the significant impact that great lighting design can have on their home, office, store, or restaurant. This knowledge, accompanied by a partnership with our staff and our exceptional product line gives our customers all the tools necessary to create an atmosphere uniquely suited to their needs. Join our Award-Winning Team of Certified Lighting Consultants.
Find us at www.lightology.com
Position: Data Engineer
Position Reports to the CBO
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing, building, and optimizing systems for data collection, storage, access, and analytics in a format digestible by AI. Construct datasets that are easy to analyze and support current and future company requirements in Business Intelligence and AI.
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Combine raw information from various data sources
- Design, develop, and maintain systems at scale
- Building short-term and long-term strategic data management objectives
- Establish best practices in data governance, data quality, data compliance
- Implement effective data storage and retrieval systems
- Implement technologies needed to stabilize the Business Intelligence environment
- Set up essential data infrastructure to integrate, transform, and deliver the data in a format digestible by AI.
- Document, build data models, and align data definitions for Business intelligence
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive data modeling
- Implementing an effective and prioritized way to handle the data and AI tasks backlog
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar position with expertise in cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS), data processing engines, data visualization (PowerBI), and ETL processes.
- Certified and knowledgeable in one of the cloud computing providers (AWS, Azure):
- Azure Fundamentals or Azure Data Fundamentals or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Knowledgeable in Databricks
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of Python
- Experienced in QlikSense development preferred
- Knowledgeable in Spark and PySpark
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Possesses strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow-through skills.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required major/field of study: in the area of Business, IT, Analytics or Statistics
- Competitive pay.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance enrollment on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
- 401k Retirement plan after 6 months of employment.
- 80 Hours of accrued vacation time, prorated your first year.
- 40 Hours of accrued Sick Time off annually, prorated your first year.
- Paid company holidays, starting after 30 Days of employment.
- Company-sponsored Life with ADD Insurance Policy Coverage.
- Short Term, Long-Term Disability, Life, and ADD optional Insurance benefits on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.