Just Right Reader is on a mission to get every kid reading at or above grade level by getting their research-based, phonics-based decodable books into every classroom and home. Our organization is at an exhilarating point in our growth. Since our inception in 2019, we have experienced organizational growth and exceptional product development. We are eager to continue our product expansion to reach more students through universal access to supplemental reading materials.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in creating and maintaining innovative solutions to improve our engineering systems. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and improving in-house engineering solutions.
Research and Development:
- Design and implement complex algorithms for critical systems and processes
- Create systems for management and backloading of historical data
- Build cutting-edge AI/ML technologies to enhance existing solutions
- Parse and transform complex tabular data (CSV)
- Validate and account for invalid/improperly formatted data
- Create and maintain explainable, production-ready data processing solutions
Collaboration and Training:
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to facilitate rapid product development and iteration.
- Strong attention to detail for data processing tasks
- Experience with Git and Version Control
- Approach data science in a multi-faceted way with attention to both ML Statistical approaches
- Experience with Python, Jupyter Notebooks, and common data science tools (pandas, tensorflow, etc.)
- Ability to creating high-performance data ingestion, interchange, and processing pipelines
- Ability to work autonomously and asynchronously with strong communication skills across interdisciplinary teams
Salary: $80,000-$140,000 base salary
- A remote-first work environment
- Medical, dental, and vision, life and disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401(k) plan