Software Engineer lll
Do you want to be part of a culture that drives performance and celebrates success? Are you ready to lead in the digital space? Victra is Verizon's leading premium retailer - our focus is to connect technology to life in the most fun and trusting way. As a Software Developer, you will work to develop critical applications to help us deliver our services to both our internal and external customers. Victra prides itself on having a great customer experience for our Guests, and the technology architecture, software choices, and support levels provided to our stores enable this experience. We want intellectually-curious, entrepreneurial professionals who enjoy being outside their comfort zones, thrive amidst change, and obsessively conspire for one another's success.
YOUR FOCUS (JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
You're positive, upbeat, passionate, and determined to thrive in a rapidly changing environment. Along with having strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop relationships throughout a diverse organization, your ability to work autonomously, identify, and solve problems is a required skill set. We will also rely on your excellent written and spoken communication skills. In addition, we will look to your strong understanding of multi-tiered architecture, web-based applications, and object-oriented design and development. Along with living our company values of Performance, Collaboration, Celebration, Integrity, and Innovation, you will also:
Work in dynamic self-organized agile teams to develop high-quality software applications using the best technology stack, design, and architecture.
- Interact with stakeholders to analyze, design, and develop new features and enhancements in various applications supporting the entire Victra business.
- Propose and implement improvements to culture, process, tools, technology, and architecture.
- Participate in designing and implementing web applications using .net and React, restful services, APIs, microservices, and Azure technologies.
- Automate the development activities, and build or use CI/CD pipelines using Azure, Jenkins, Gitlab, or GitHub.
- Serve as a general subject matter expert for other development staff and business community members.
- Provide the best service to businesses as part of product support activities.
- Actively participate in learning activities like lunch and learns, book clubs, training sessions, etc.
- Drive results with the ability to balance all functions within your role.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
YOUR BACKGROUND (REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS):
We need the Software Developer to work creatively, analytically, and independently. We also need you to have the following:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an Associate Degree in Programming is desired.
- 5 years of experience in developing web and mobile applications
- Proven object-oriented development using a good set of design patterns with C#, .Net, SQL .Net core technologies.
- Must be able to write useful unit tests using frameworks like .xUnit, MSUnit, or Nunit.
- Expertise in deploying cloud platforms like AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Experience in developing iOS and Android application development is a plus.
- Familiarity with developing microservices in the cloud platforms like Azure or AWS is a plus
- Must be able to write or understand complex queries and must be able to understand the concepts of relational and data warehouse databases.
- Understanding of infrastructure technologies like ansible, docker, or terraform is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
(unless accommodations are required/requested for an employee under the ADA)
Salary Range: $89,155 - $117,239
Typically, you will be in an office environment. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Different makes us better.