Senior Cloud Systems Administrator
Delta Dental of Missouri is seeking a Cloud & Systems Administrator in St. Louis, Missouri. The Administrator’s role includes configuring, troubleshooting, optimizing, and maintaining the organization’s physical/virtual servers and workstations and other software and hardware support services requested by the organization’s management and end users. This position is responsible for managing and overseeing the company's Microsoft 365 environment, ensuring its availability, performance, and security. This role also participates in the protection of company data and in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. The Administrator ensures all technical implementations and support are of the highest quality and meets the needs of the customers being served. This position will require occasional after hours/weekend work when systems and situations demand attention to ensure company users are functional and client needs are addressed. Management reserves the ability to request other functions from this position. Exceptional customer service, written, and oral communication skills are a must.
• Supports the technical needs of IT staff and users of internal and external systems within the organization. Develops and maintains actionable monitoring, alerts, and notifications for the environment. Troubleshoots and resolves issues promptly to ensure uninterrupted service for the business.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of IT infrastructure with a strong emphasis on the implementation, optimization, and maintenance of VMware Horizons.
• Provides complete administration of the Microsoft 365 environment and its capabilities.
• Implements, manages, and maintains the M365 environment, which includes Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and related services.
• Oversees the creation and management of user and group accounts.
• Monitors system health and performance.
• Ensures the security of M365 services and data.
• Implements and monitors compliance features such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), and eDiscovery.
• Manages Azure AD identities, including Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
• Works with various departments to enhance their workflows using M365 tools.
• Aids users in maximizing the potential of Office 365 applications.
• Leads migration projects, such as moving data to OneDrive or transitioning from other services to M365.
• Regularly reviews updates and changes to the M365 environment and communicates any impacts or benefits to the organization.
• Continuously researches best practices and emerging features to ensure the organization maximizes its investment in M365.
• Analyzes metrics, identifies bottlenecks, and optimizes resources. Monitors utilization trends and plans for upgrades or enhancements as needed.
• Manages daily support of network servers, workstations, Cloud services, and other organization devices or services as needed.
• Monitors and maintains the IT asset inventory, produces accurate records for software licensing, hardware warranty, and other registration materials necessary for vendor support and compliance needs.
• Enforces IT system usage policies through the monitoring of anti-virus products, security event logs, content scanning and other monitoring procedures defined by IT management. Implements and manages technical controls threat protection and prevention, encryption, access control, and secure configuration, among others.
• Coordinates and manages backup and disaster recovery solutions to ensure the availability or organizational resources.
• Performs automated job scheduling, programming, scripting, and report creation as needed.
• Creates and maintains automation for resource deployments and management.
• Develops and maintains documentation. Documentation to include system manuals, process logs, control objectives, scheduled job tasks, problem reporting/resolution, backup logs, security, and virus remediation.
• Performs similar job-related duties as assigned by IT Management.
Education, Skills, Personal Attributes, and Experience Required
• Candidate will have obtained bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Operations, Management Information Systems, or similar field.
• Ten or more years working in an IT department as a System Administrator, with hands on experience managing Active Directory and contemporary workstation and server operating systems.
• Seven or more years’ experience with VMware, including Horizon Virtual Desktop and vSphere ESXi as well as enterprise backup solutions.
• At least five years’ experience with Azure infrastructure and resource management and M365 services management, including ADFS, AVD, Teams, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Purview, and Intune.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with ServiceNow or similar ITSM platforms.
• Strong understanding of M365 security features, compliance auditing and requirements in a regulated environment, and data loss prevention techniques.
• Experience in managing the ServiceNow ITSM platform.
• Experience in leveraging ServiceNow for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, etc.
• Experience with third-party tools and providers that enhance M365 functionality a plus.
• Experience in Implementing, configuring, and managing Microsoft Intune to handle mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) is preferred.
• Experience working with Azure Virtual Desktop is a plus.
• General office working conditions which may require sitting for extended periods of time
• Infrequent overnight travel may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities require the ability to focus on distant and near objects clearly. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and listen. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach as well as operate a personal computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
About the Company:
Delta Dental of Missouri