DevOps Site Reliability Engineer (TS/SCI Cleared only)
FYI – For your Information has an immediate opportunity for a DevOps Reliability Engineer in Reston, VA. As a site reliability engineer will work with the Department of Defense (DoD) on the development of robust systems by building a resilient infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for a solid Reliability Engineer who is interested in automating tasks to help provide our customer on their journey with innovative solutions towards cloud migration.
What you will do:
- Build in redundancy, implement monitoring tools, and automate wherever possible. Y
- Focus on reducing toil by scripting routine tasks and automating self-repair.
- Leverage your expertise in Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS Cloud Migration, Cloudera, and IaC.
- Assist and mentor junior engineers while broadening your knowledge base.
- Work with us as we help our clients automate tasks so we can provide innovative solutions toward cloud migration.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Hands on experience developing enterprise cloud-native solutions involving Kubernetes, Docker, Cloudera, AWS, Jenkins, or RHEL Systems
- 5+ years of experience working in a Linux environment
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting, triaging, and resolving issues related to CI/CD pipeline failures or slowness on production enterprise environments
- Ability to build or modify Ansible playbooks with Bash scripts
- Experience working with application development teams across the software development lifecycle and creating solutions to complex problems within a collaborative team environment
- Active DoD 8570, Level II Security Certification, including Security+
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Hands on experience with Python/Go, Microservices, Serverless, MLOps, AIOps, Cloudera, and Kubernete
- Experience with Big Data stack using Hadoop, Spark, Accumulo or MongoDB, and Solr or Elasticsearch
- Experience with declarative Infrastructure as Code tools, including Puppet, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experience with GitOps and CI/CD tools like ArgoCD, Gitlab CI, Jenkins
Location: Reston, VA (on-site)
TS/SCI clearance is required. Accepted applicants will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet requirements for access to classified information.
FYI – For Your Information, Inc. continues to be one of the fastest growing and most successful woman-owned Federal contractors in the country. For three years in a row, we have been on Inc. Magazine's 5000 list and was recently named one of Inc's 2023 Mid-Atlantic Fasted Growing companies. FYI offers a collaborative and inclusive work environment. We offer professional development and career growth opportunities to all employees. As we continue to grow so will you and your career.
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to work remotely, based on contract or position.
- Team building and innovation in a collaborative environment.
- A competitive base salary with a loaded benefits package.
- Tuition/Education Assistance.
- Personal computer device allowance.
- Pet Insurance.
At FYI – For Your Information Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and our core value of "People First”. All people matter at FYI. We believe that our inclusive environment and the diversity of our people drives our innovation and growth and allows us to better serve our clients and communities.
FYI – For your Information is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identify), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, martial status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employment organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor.
About the Company:
FYI-For Your Information, Inc.
Government and Military