SAIC has an immediate need for a Sr. Linux Engineer supporting our customer in College Park, MD. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment. Your role with SAIC will keep you engaged in a diverse, fast-paced government environment while interacting with government stakeholders, team members and SAIC management.
- Expand HPC usage within FDA
- Ability to work with researchers, technical managers, vendors, technical experts and scientists in a dynamic, evolving environment
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Able to evaluate and discuss technical tradeoffs (on-prem vs remote, cloud vs local, hyper-converged vs clusters, NAS vs local vs cloud storage)
- Experience leading technical teams/projects/tasks
- Wide range of experience preferred
- Able to provide new capabilities while maintaining and upgrading older ones
- Position can be largely remote, but ability to be on-site occasionally for on-site hardware and software support
- Overall IT experience 10 yrs, 5 yrs Linux Admin(Redhat, CentOS, Rocky, Ubuntu, Solaris),
- 2yrs Linux HPC admin
- 2 yrs programming
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Linux HPC
- Slurm admin
- AWS support
- Active Directory
- Automated deployment/configuration ( Ansible/Chef/Kickstart/Terraform/Satellite, R)
- Datacenter experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.