About the Program:
- Enables analyses of advanced technology experiments in platforms and space systems
- Assists NIWC Atlantic with the development of seedling, demonstration and new start projects, and supporting prototyping activities and experimentation to assist in gaining sponsorship for strategic initiatives
- Generates STI in the form of designs, test plans, test reports, evaluations, and technical studies, as well as the recommended integration of prototype components and designs for new or existing robotic systems
- Enhances NIWC Atlantic’s ability to meet program goals including: Conducting and supporting a wide range of defense-systems and weapons systems related studies, evaluations, and analysis of methods
- Experiments in both virtual environments utilizing modeling and simulation and militarily relevant environments
- Transitions developed technology into Department of Defense capabilities
- Develops and test autonomous computer security technologies whose future iterations may someday protect national networks
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs
- Ensures software standards are met
- Must have Python/ROS/ROS2/Android with Unmanned Systems experience
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years or more experience
- Active Secret Clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.