Cloud Principal Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Cloud Principal Engineer to support SAIC’s Prime Program, Landmark AOS in Chantilly, VA. Landmark AOS is a large SETA program, supporting the NRO’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for acquiring advanced mission control and processing systems to adapt the ground architecture to maximize the utility of the organizations systems, share data with Mission Partners, and continue to deliver innovative and agile capabilities for ground development.
The Cloud Principal Engineer will provide SETA support to assist in the technical and acquisition support delivering multi-cloud solutions to the organization. This person will also be working with the developers designing and implementing the transition of multiple programs to the cloud. This is done cooperatively with government, FFRDC, and other SETA contractors.
As a Cloud Principal Engineer, your job duties will focus on requirements for developing cloud adoption plans, determining cloud application designs, and the creation of solutions to manage, monitor, and maintain the many cloud systems. Your job will be to ensure the customer needs are met by our development contractors.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Support the design and plan of a multi-cloud solution architecture on multiple fabrics.
- Manage and oversee the provisioning of the cloud solution infrastructure
- Collaborate on the design for security and compliance
- Manage implementations of cloud architecture
- Ensure solution and operations reliability
- Exercising your working knowledge and thorough understanding of requirements management for NRO programs
- Represent the government at developer lead release and sprint planning events; ensuring that the government and stakeholder needs are prioritized.
- Engage with Agile Development teams to assess implementation and execution.
- Translate strategic architectures into implementation level guidance
- Guide complex projects/issues that require in-depth cloud solution integration
- Work with delivery team to address architecture, integration, and technical issues, and in some instances lead the technical implementation of the solution architecture
- Ability to work with development teams and advise on practical cloud implementations and develop findings and work off plans
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field and nine (9) years of experience; OR Master of Computer and Information Technology or similar field and seven (7) years of experience; PhD or JD Master of Computer and Information Technology or similar field and four (4) years of experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Strong knowledge of enterprise computing and operating systems (OS) and cloud computing platforms, such as Linux, Windows, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of cloud security principles to protect cloud data from unauthorized users and malicious hackers
- Knowledge of enterprise computing and operating systems (OS) and cloud computing platforms, such as Linux, Windows, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with programming languages like Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, and Ruby on Rails
- Project management skills to orchestrate cloud migrations and new system integrations seamlessly
- High-level collaboration skills to assist with several different areas of cloud architecture management
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management methodologies
- Cloud-based solutions experience leveraging large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms architecting, engineering, developing, and deploying systems and applications into a cloud environment
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.