Senior Software Developer
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive, and respectful work culture that values all. We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation.
We are seeking a passionate and skilled Senior Software Developer to join our high-performing development team. You will design, implement, and maintain Mid-large scale, complex Java-based applications in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Your proficiency in Java development and adherence to best practices will ensure the delivery of high-quality, scalable, and efficient software solutions. You will collaborate with product managers, architects, and cross-functional teams to understand requirements and deliver solutions aligning with client objectives and goals.
- Proficiency in Java, Spring and Spring Boot for backend development.
- Experience in designing microservices-based architectures.
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and development
- Ability to design, deploy, and manage cloud-based applications and services.
- Skills in designing and architecting complex software systems using modern best practices.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash) and coding skills to write automation scripts and integrate security tools into the CI/CD pipeline.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices for popular cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proven leadership experience, including managing and mentoring development teams.
- The ability to define and drive the technical strategy and architecture for projects.
- Expertise in Agile software development methodologies and the ability to lead and coach Agile teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially in diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts, principles, and practices, including continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Proficiency in DevOps and automation tools, such as Git, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform
- Ability to assess and prioritize security risks and vulnerabilities and develop mitigation strategies.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work closely with development, operations, and security teams
This position is contingent upon contract award
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 12 years relevant experience or MA/MS degree or higher and 8 years relevant experience
- At least 12+ years (Seasoned Senor) in Java-based programming in an agile development environment
- Strong experience in Java technologies and frameworks: Restful Web Services, SOAP, XML (DOM, SAX), JAX-RS, Spring (MVC, AOP, IOC), data access, web, messaging, batch, Spring Boot, Angular, React, Python, NodeJS, NPM, etc
- Understanding of DevSecOps and CI/CD principles, including automated builds, tests, and deployments and experience in using Gitlab, Jenkins Maven, Gradle, SonarQube, Tenable
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot security-related issues in the DevOps pipeline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- AWS experience and certifications a plus
- Experience developing and/or integrating with Artificial Intelligence (ML, NLP, etc.) models is a plus.
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.