Cloud Engineer Senior
SAIC is seeking a motivated, adaptable, Cloud Engineer Senior to join a collaborative team that is transforming application infrastructure and delivery in AWS.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems to support client vision.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection to allow implementation of customer systems.
- Supports customer goals by assessing the compatibility and fit of cloud service provider services.
- Identifies and implements techniques and processes to facilitate application data migrations.
- Recommends and demonstrates tools that provide efficient solutions to meet business needs.
- Evaluates and plans for present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant to industry standards and cloud computing/virtualization technologies such as:
- Cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration
- Cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid
- Cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service
- Virtual compute, storage, and networks
- Virtual infrastructure management
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a USDA Public Trust.
- 5+ years of experience as a Cloud Engineer supporting cloud environments – preferably AWS.
- Experience partnering with DevSecOps engineers to support automated application and infrastructure CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of information system security principles.
- Experience with Windows Server OS, SCCM, PowerShell, IIS, Certificate Management.
- Experience working with and administering Cloud Services.
- Puppet/Terraform/EKS experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least one of the following certifications: AWS Cloud Practitioner/SysOps Administrator/DevOps Engineer, Terraform Associate, Puppet Certified Professional.
- MCP, MCSE, MCITP, CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security+, ITIL, Linux+, DevOps.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.